PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bubble and squeak

Options

Comments

• claireandella
    Options
    Mmmm, B and S is yummy if it is browned until crispy on the top and bottom and served with brown sauce. wish i'd cooked some extra veg last night...
  • yummymummy79
    Options
    Just started doing this myself recently, buy a cabbage and I am the only one who eats it boiled with a roast, but made B&S recently and OH decided he loves it, although he still maintains he doesn't like cabbage! Men!!
    Little lady arrived 13/12/11
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We love it but it's called "fry-up" in our house, I like it with tomato ketchup which is strange as I dislike ketchup with anything else.
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i read this thread a couple of hours ago and susequently just eaten the biggest plateful, with liver & onions.........delicious, thanks for the inspiration.:T

vix
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i love bubble and squeak, but every time i try to fry it it always sticks to the pan, no matter what i do. so we just tend to have it all mashed up.

havent had this for ages, quite fancy it now though!
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We always have bubble with leftovers but normally have either for breakie with HP or lunch with an egg:confused: ...dont know why, but thats the law!

PP
    xx

Ooh, we abide by this law too.

YUM!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • LouieB
    LouieB Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, I love bubble and squeak! We have it on boxing day, on bread and butter, with cold tukey and pork and lots of brown sauce! Yum!
    £2.00 Coin saver -£12.00 In Piggy bank - £150 Banked :j
    Boots Points - £2.58
    Quidco - £11.75
    Yougov - £22.25
    Ciao - £8.64
    Ebay - £68.00
    Money For Nothing Challenge- £17.06 :A
  • suzywoozy_3
    Options
    i love bubble and squeak, but every time i try to fry it it always sticks to the pan, no matter what i do. so we just tend to have it all mashed up.

I mash mine up together in a bowl. Then shape it into potato cakes (like fish cakes) coat in some flour and then fry I find this stops the sticking for me. We had it the day after boxing day with some sausages. Oh and we just used sprouts and pots (so not propper as it didn't have cabbage)
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    many thanks, will give that a go. kind of like potato croquets..will taste lovely smothered in baked beans :D
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I will admit, we love Bubble n Sqeak here also

I sometimes add some mushrooms, garlic & un-smoked bacon to it, no salt - but plenty of black pepper. It goes down a treat.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure