Moving house and most of my credit accounts have disappeared from Equifax

Options
I have recently moved house and my Equifax credit report is no longer showing 10 of my 15 credit accounts and has no reference to my new address. Experian and Credit Karma (TransUnion) are both showing all 15 of my accounts and are correctly showing my new address.

I also requested my statutory credit report from Equifax but this has also omitted 10 of my accounts and has no reference to my new address.

Has anyone else experienced Equifax being so much less efficient than Experian and TransUnion in dealing with changes of address?

Comments

• LawAbiding
    LawAbiding Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What are your timreframes with moving, notifying the accounts of the new address etc?

It usually can take up to 6 weeks and differs from CRA go CRA
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    LawAbiding wrote: »
    What are your timreframes with moving, notifying the accounts of the new address etc?

It usually can take up to 6 weeks and differs from CRA go CRA
    Thank you. Eight weeks now and all banks were notified at the same time.

Experian and Credit Karma have continued to show all of my accounts some with the new address and some with the old. By not showing 10 of my accounts, Equifax have reduced my current debt from tens of thousands to virtually nothing.

It does not fill me with much confidence in their processes.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a similar problem with Clearscore, although oddly Equifax themselves are still reporting correctly.

Didn't had the same problem the last time I moved (around 7 months ago.)
  • RG2015
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    I've had a similar problem with Clearscore, although oddly Equifax themselves are still reporting correctly.

Didn't had the same problem the last time I moved (around 7 months ago.)
    Clearscore and Creditwise from Capital One use Equifax so these too are showing incorrect data for me. However as they only update monthly I am not expecting them to be correct until at least a month after Equifax is updated..
  • boo_star
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Clearscore and Creditwise from Capital One use Equifax so these too are showing incorrect data for me. However as they only update monthly I am not expecting them to be correct until at least a month after Equifax is updated..

In my case it seems like Clearscore are only getting it more wrong.

Last month they removed all my credit cards.

The most recent update for the coming month has them removing a current account too.

Nothing so far to suggest they're adding anything back.
  • RG2015
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    In my case it seems like Clearscore are only getting it more wrong.

Last month they removed all my credit cards.

The most recent update for the coming month has them removing a current account too.

Nothing so far to suggest they're adding anything back.
    Thanks. I'm glad it's not just me. :)
  • boo_star
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm glad it's not just me. :)

It's funny that Clearscore suggest, to improve my score, I should take out a credit card. Idiots...
  • RG2015
    Options
    I contacted Equifax online yesterday and they have now rerun my credit report using my new address and everything is now showing correctly.

Experian and Transunion did this automatically a few days after I had moved and perhaps Equifax would have done but who knows when. I should not have had to initiate this update but nine weeks is in my opinion too long to wait for a credit reporting agency to update my address so that my accounts would continue to be reported.
  • RG2015
    Options
    As per my last post, Equifax updated my address on 6th August but their partners' free sites, Creditwise from Capital One and Clearscore have not updated my address.

Since then I have had three monthly reports from Capital One and two from Clearscore only showing my old address. In addition they are missing off most of my 15 credit accounts.

Do any lenders actually use these companies of do they go directly to Equifax?

Having said that, I cannot see any way of updating them as they say that they get all of their information from Equifax. Clearly there is an error but if there are no adverse consequences am I correct in just ignoring this error?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lenders only search and report directly to the CRAs.

All the many spin off sites are just for consumers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure