Moving house and most of my credit accounts have disappeared from Equifax

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    As per my last post, Equifax updated my address on 6th August but their partners' free sites, Creditwise from Capital One and Clearscore have not updated my address.

Since then I have had three monthly reports from Capital One and two from Clearscore only showing my old address. In addition they are missing off most of my 15 credit accounts.

Do any lenders actually use these companies of do they go directly to Equifax?

Having said that, I cannot see any way of updating them as they say that they get all of their information from Equifax. Clearly there is an error but if there are no adverse consequences am I correct in just ignoring this error?

They go direct to the CRA's.

Ask any of these errant sites to delete your account and then you should be able to setup a new one again and have it show the correct information.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    They go direct to the CRA's.

Ask any of these errant sites to delete your account and then you should be able to setup a new one again and have it show the correct information.
    Thanks for the suggestion which was worked fine online for Clearscore which is now completely up to date.

Creditwise needs to be closed by phone which I also did. It looks like they are having problems with their website so I will not be re registering any time soon if at all.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Were ALL 3 CRA's really showing ALL 15 of your credit accounts?
    All credit providers do not report to all CRA's. It is highly unusual that all 15 of yours should be reporting to all 3.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 October 2019 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Were ALL 3 CRA's really showing ALL 15 of your credit accounts?
    All credit providers do not report to all CRA's. It is highly unusual that all 15 of yours should be reporting to all 3.
    Yes and no.

I have 15 bank accounts and credit cards from 7 banks and all 3 CRAs report these 15 accounts.

I also have a telecoms account reported by one CRA and a utility account reported by another and another utility account reported by two of the CRAs.

And just for good measure I have a credit card and a current account from the seventies that are reported by none of the three.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure