Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    I've listed the recipe on your diary cat for the cake. So easy chuck it all in, mix, bake, topping and then eat :rotfl:

Today will be about doing some niggly jobs, call tax office (oh joy), if I get some sense submit my tax return and do DH.

Sort pile of paperwork
    Make list of questions for the builder whose coming tomorrow
    Call carpet company and see if they will travel to for us, if so order and book :T
    Message man about a radiator :rotfl:
    Swap something at the shop
    Get a couple of items for chutney making
    Maybe a bimble round some charity shops if I have time

Have my first payment pending from a new app I downloaded at the weekend and bought 3 products on Sunday, well impressed. Will PAD them to saving for electrical item

DH got asked to sign up to the website for our life insurance, they will send £10 amaz0n voucher if he does. Off to do that today too.
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    All the cooking sounds lovely, I've never tried to make welshcakes, my dd absolutely loves them! Hope you manage to get through your list, sometimes the niggly jobs just flow nicely.

Hope the painting is going well, just waiting for the plaster to dry fully in ds room then that will be my job and varnish the new skirting and door.

Well done on your food spends savings and mortgage overpayment.

H x
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    You sound like us Hugglemonster waiting for something to happen so I can get on with the next job.

Managed all the jobs on my list apart from ordering carpet but they have confirmed they will fit for us :T

I also got a pair of trousers in the charity shop :T £3.95 just the sort I have been scouring fleabay for. Also tried on a pair that were brand new with tags £49.50 :eek: they werent right so I put them back. Shame though, would have been a bargain.

Also got something for each of the smalls stockings for 45p each :)

I went to tk whatisface and got a pair of compression tights for £20 instead of £80 :eek: they've been on my list for a while too :D:D not only in my size but tall version too :D I stalked the manufacturers website whilst in thee to triple check the size was right. Happy days.

Then a weights session and steam room at the gym for a relaxation :)

Managed to get my introductory offer from the shopping app today so we have some branded chocolate that will be gratis when I get my £1.50 back which judging by the first payments will be the end of the week :T

Good stuff all round.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Sounds like a busy but very productive day PF.
    Thanks for the recipe - with my new found Nigella confidence :rotfl: I will no doubt try it very soon.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £1.50 for my introductory offer from the app paid in to bank today, moved to savings. As have a couple of fleabay sales. Small but 2 items gone from the fleabay bag and a few more pennies in the savings account.

Yesterday was a get ahead day and quality time with family all rolled in to one. We managed to:
    Small to swimming lessons
    Made calzone for lunch boxes
    Made a cake
    Roast dinner from scratch, plenty of leftovers :T
    Take damaged door back and got a much nicer looking one ;)
    Used our family membership for an outdoor place. Was busy but we went in the bit you either pay extra for (as non members) or members only so it's much quieter. We picked leaves, hunted for cookers and the smalls rolled down the big hill several times :D:D:D
    We may have had a cheeky scone after all that fresh air too :o
    Clean downstairs and do 2 loads of washing

I feel like we're ready for the week ahead which is always a good start :A

As it's the first much money left the account this morning for various bills, but all accounted for and it feels so much less stressful than 1sts of the month used to be when I would dread looking at the account to see if there had been enough money to cover things :o:o also first payment of our 10 year bond. Obviously seems ages away, but you have to start somewhere.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounding so busy and positive. Love it. Well done PF :)
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning community orchards PF- I just had a google and there's one right next to a friends house. Was planning on popping over today to see her so will take a bag and have a nose round :j

I have a massive hankering for apple crumble too so fingers crossed
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning community orchards PF- I just had a google and there's one right next to a friends house. Was planning on popping over today to see her so will take a bag and have a nose round :j

I have a massive hankering for apple crumble too so fingers crossed

It may even be the one I went to kittenkirst as i know I'm not too far from you. Hope there are still lots, I found some wee quite high up and unreachable which was a shame as they looked amazing but which still got a great haul. In fact 8 jars of chutney, 2 crumbles and 4 huge pots of stewed apple later, plus eaters for 2 weeks it was a fab haul :T

Builder coming this morning for a chat. Hoping we can get all our questions answered and then just to finalise a date :eek:

In other news, DH has agreed to be taken on by the company he was being se for, this will mean that he gets holiday pay etc... which all in all is good. It's effectively an instant pay rise. Although there's a few adjusting of budgets given that he'll get paid on a slightly different cycle to now, but we'll get used to it. As long as it's regular income, we're not fussy :rotfl:

Hoping for a quiet day today after a busy on yesterday. Just some calzone to make (I.e cook - made dough yesterday), some chicken legs to roast and that's packed lunches done. Then a roast dinner for everyone but that should be straightforward

Week (well 5 days but whose counting) :rotfl: until pay day and all looks ok. The £250 I stashed in a separate account is still there :D

Shopping a L1dl has been really good the last 3 weeks. Hoping to try and stretch it to every other week and top up from the market in between and see how that works.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Great news for your DH. Fantastic to get a pay rise, and holiday pay as well :D
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Great news on your DH's job, a reliable salary (and holiday pay) seems very sensible if it's just doing the same work for the same people anyway!

Also exciting re the builder - ours has just given us a provisional date (six months away, but still exciting) and I cannot wait. We still have so much to sort, but it's exciting to feel like we're on the countdown.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback