PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    What does bnwt stand for, please?

BNWT = brand new with tag
    BNWOT = brand new without tag

Used a lot on eBay
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lucy5781 wrote: »
    Dropped off three small bags of stuff in donation to the local hospice charity shop.

Then trawling else where found myself two longer length purple tops and an un labelled grey jersey dress which is actually adapted for breastfeeding as I showed the assistant. All under £3 each.

Also got DS an H&M Minions top, book and no.2 a white cardigan all three for £2 on the Scope £1 shop.
    Shouldn't you be busy having a baby? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First purchase in a while for me, I got a lovely dove grey blouse, 1980's vintage original, high neck with a small frill and a tie and a matching frill around the cuffs. The only issue with it is the cuffs are very, very small but I was thinking of wearing it with a cardigan anyway - £2.50.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be busy having a baby? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Would love to. 11 days to due date, 17 days to induction if nothing happens naturally. Things looking positive for natural atm though.

Yesterday I found No.2 a lovely dark purple, 6-9mth snow suit, which is Boots Mini Club brand, for £1.49 in the hospice shop. Should fit her Oct- Jan ish depending on how big she grows. Would have been about £12 minimum brand new.

DS arrived at 9lb 10oz and long and went into all his clothes sizes a month early, No.2 on the other hand is currently estimated at about 7lb and average length/height lol

Lxx
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Excellent find - snowsuits extend how long you can be outdoors for!
    All the best with No.2 arriving like a well mannered guest rather than being ejected like an irritating tenant. (That said, youngest was most unwilling to leave the comforts but once resigned to it has been the most laid back & easygoing soul, over decades!)

Do the cs staff have mild conniptions at you wandering around?!
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Do the cs staff have mild conniptions at you wandering around?!

I chat to some of the regular staff quite a bit so most of them are quite nice and looking forward to seeing her once age arrives lol
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bit of a 'blast from the past' today. In the 99p shop in Otley I found a georgette/chiffony-type fabric, navy with white spots, Gor Ray pleated skirt. Almost calf length and with 3 box pleats back and front that swish out at the hem. Do Gor Ray still exist? I seem to remember my school skirts were made by them diddly squat years ago :D Now looking for a narrow red belt and a navy shorty sweater to complete a 50's stylee ensemble :)
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Ah is that two of us due in April?? :)

Lxx

Yep, 1 1/2 weeks to go for me unless sooner! How about you?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Would love to. 11 days to due date, 17 days to induction if nothing happens naturally. Things looking positive for natural atm though.

Yesterday I found No.2 a lovely dark purple, 6-9mth snow suit, which is Boots Mini Club brand, for £1.49 in the hospice shop. Should fit her Oct- Jan ish depending on how big she grows. Would have been about £12 minimum brand new.

DS arrived at 9lb 10oz and long and went into all his clothes sizes a month early, No.2 on the other hand is currently estimated at about 7lb and average length/height lol

Lxx

I've also been doing pretty well with the baby clothes from the chazzers. Found a bright red Rocha John Rocha 6-9 month snow suit a few weeks ago for £1.49. Am getting larger sizes when I see them both from the CS's and M&S when they hit 70-90% off. Been given most things from my SIL though, so really haven't had to spend a great deal. But I do want to give him a few new things too.

Lots of lovely hand-knitted cardigans too for 50p or £1. Although I know I have lots of friends and relatives knitting! I just look out for the good quality stuff, in good condition - so I've found a few bits of Disney baby, some BNWT, a pair of lovely JoJoMamanBebe red cords, Next grey cords and a couple of next to un-used coats- they're Primark but seem good quality and style.

I've also been picking up wooden toys when I see them - will also entertain other small visitors in the family in the mean-time. Got a tub of 75 wooden bricks for £3.50 and a ELC wooden garage/car park for £3.50. Also wooden train £3, wooden shape sorter £1.50.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The joy of wooden toys is that with a bit of sandpaper, you can change them with woodstain, with a new coat of varnish or even a careful layer of wax. Or even repaint them in definitively safe paint.

We bought a cot that had been gnawed by a previous occupant - sandpaper & a fresh coat of varnish & it went into service for another 3 occupants! (Godsend - baby stuff could be stored without comment and also secure play environment. Sadly none of them slept a great deal in it, but it was nice to know they were safe!)

May great expectations result in happy landings!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure