January Virgin Offer

Options
First Post here:j
Currently paying Virgin £44 a month for bband and a landline
The very exciting Virgin offer that expires on the 24th appears only to be available to new customers. :mad:
I'm going to ring up and make their life hell, threaten to leave etc, are there any other tricks that I've missed? Should I pretend to be moving into my flat?

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cybermiles wrote: »
    Should I pretend to be moving into my flat?

Don't treat them as stupid, they're well aware of where you already live.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Cybermiles wrote: »
    I'm going to ring up and make their life hell,

How about just ringing up and asking nicely? (presuming you're out of minimum term).
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you need to say you are considering moving to "INSERT SUPPLIER NAME" at £xx/month. and can they match it.

Do you research. It makes you should more serious about moving.
  • Cybermiles
    Options
    Thanks to you all - I was in a grumpy mood this morning, sorry for sounding like such a pillock.

Having just got off the phone to them, they didn't give me the discount advertised, but I got my monthly bill reduced from £47 (it wasn't £44, that was last year) to £39 and a whole month for free as well - both as 'loyalty discounts' over a 12 month period. £143 saved
    I've been with them on and off for 10 years, and the landline based broadband I have had has never been as good, so this is the deal for me. I work from home a lot and stream all my TV via Apple TV. Customer Service was amazing too.

If you want to take advantage of a new offer your account has to have been closed for 30 days - maybe if you're going on a long holiday you could work that into your plans?

Thanks again for your help and hope this helps people too. I went through the 'are you thinking of leaving us' option on the telephone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure