Plusnet haggling and Vodafone website

Options
I'm sure there used to be a Plusnet haggling thread here but it isn't showing in a search now so I'll just add my experience,

Coming to the end of a 2 year deal with the 76Mb product. They had knocked it down to £12.01 + LR. I'm no longer overly fussed with the top product or fixed IP as I no longer run a home server but want to stick with VDSL as the line is aluminium and was unreliable on ADSL and reducing the line length has kept it pretty reliable with just one speed problem and one no dialtone but VDSL still fine in about 6 years.

I had a quick look and Vodafone were doing £21 plus £90 cashback (actually as I found out later £23 if you weren't a mobile phone customer for 35Mbps VDSL. Plusnet would offer £23 but no less so I told them I'd be leaving.

When I went through the order process on the Vodafone site it took me on a merry dance through the same pages a couple of times and finally errorred and told me to call to complete the order. As by now I'd found it was £23 anyway and calling would almost certainly lose me the cashback I binned it at that point.

More checking threw up TalkTalk at £22.95 with £85 cashback. I've decided to take a chance on them despite seeing years of bad reviews. At least the cashback has tracked.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport