Sky on demand

Options
I’m not sure I totally understand this. I have been on original bundle + sports for a while. I have been able to get sky living. Yesterday I tried to download an on demand programme from Living and it told me to upgrade my subscription. I had to ring sky today for something else so I queried this. The guy told me that I could change to the Entertainment package which should include Living on demand. So I did, but it’s still telling me to upgrade. Now, last year, when I got a new HD box, Sky told me that I didn’t need the WiFi connector any more & to disconnect it, so I did. Now, I’m wondering if it’s actually this that stops me accessing on demand. I couldnt face phoning Sky again tonight so thought I’d ask here.
:smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How have you connected your box to the internet?
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you checked in settings that there is actually a broadband connection to the box - if you don't use wifi, you'll need to connect to your router with a network cable
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How have you connected your box to the internet?
    With the WPS button
  • Katykat
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    Have you checked in settings that there is actually a broadband connection to the box - if you don't use wifi, you'll need to connect to your router with a network cable

Ok, I’ve checked the settings and it tells me that the connection to On demand is ok, so it must be my package detail. My example is with Greys Anatomy. I can watch series 14 on Sky living which is the current series. But if I scroll down to a previous series it’s On demand. This is where it tells me that I need to upgrade. When I press the upgrade info button, it directs me to the Box set upgrade. This would suggest that back issues of the programme are box sets, not On demand. Have I got that correct? & if so, why doesn’t it say box set instead of on demand.?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you don't subscribe to HD on Sky you don't get access to the HD on-demand stuff. There should be an alternative for this show on demand that is marked as coming from just Sky Living as opposed to Sky Living HD. See if you can download that.
  • Katykat
    Options
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    If you don't subscribe to HD on Sky you don't get access to the HD on-demand stuff. There should be an alternative for this show on demand that is marked as coming from just Sky Living as opposed to Sky Living HD. See if you can download that.

It!!!8217;s just Sky Living, not HD. That;s the one that tells me to upgrade
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport