Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plenty of Twin Peaks in my local store, picked a few up as not tried them before, will do for Christmas
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    Plenty of Twin Peaks in my local store, picked a few up as not tried them before, will do for Christmas
    I picked one up today and have tried a bit with my afternoon coffee. It's quite big, so it gave the illusion of value for money at the point of sale.

Plus points: it's sweet, crunchy and tastes vaguely of honey.
    Minus points: the chocolate itself is not v nice.
    Conclusion: I can live without it.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2018 at 5:26PM
    Options
    From Union Street, Glasgow: Infinity Selected Arabica Whole Bean Instant Coffee 60g*, £1
    3078697.jpg
    Minecraft Tips And Cheats Annual 2019, £1
    35607699.jpg
    And yesterday, in Trongate, Glasgow store, Baptiste Batiste Hide Me Root Concealer For Light Blonde Hair, kits - £1
    35607699.jpg
    Trongate also has a pair of Soft Silicone Earplugs £1 (not sure if any good, but boyf usually buys the pink/yellow Howard Leight earplugs).
    ffpdpgO.jpg?1
    *Though someone on HUKD says you can get the Infinity Coffee 100g for £1.39 at Poundstretcher - £1.50/100g at Iceland, according to My Supermarket.

Edit: Forgot to add, also from Union Street, Bourjois Brow Design Brow Mascara, 6ml, shade 03 Chatain.​ Currently £7.99 on Superdrug!
    35607699.jpg
    Edit: The Infinity Whole Bean Instant is HORRIBLE (in my opinion, may not be yours) - at least I only bought a small tub!
  • Barny1979
    Options
    To confirm White Twin Peaks bars in store now
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    To confirm White Twin Peaks bars in store now
    Are they worth investing a pound in? (I am generally a fan of white chocolate).

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Picked up some after dinner mints for £ this week bigger box than after eights and taste exactly the same "Mint Nights"
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 17 October 2018 at 10:17PM
    Options
    venison wrote: »
    Picked up some after dinner mints for £ this week bigger box than after eights and taste exactly the same "Mint Nights"
    I saw these near the tills and actually thought they were After Eights, but after a double take realised they weren't. I looked twice because the boxes are good sizes, they looked like 300g to me.

Any feedback on the white chocolate Twin Peaks as yet?

• Barny1979
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I saw these near the tills and actually thought they were After Eights, but after a double take realised they weren't. I looked twice because the boxes are good sizes, they looked like 300g to me.

Any feedback on the white chocolate Twin Peaks as yet?

Just had some, tastes good to me, not sure how much it tastes like toblerone, but tastes good in it's own right.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Just had some, tastes good to me, not sure how much it tastes like toblerone, but tastes good in it's own right.
    Good enough for me, I'll pick some up at the weekend. It's a 10k round trip on foot, but worth it for a nice treat. (Trying to reduce my carbon footprint).

• VfM4meplse
    Options
    From April:
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Now for the bargain element: there was a 50p shelf with various items including scented candles in tins

I started burning this one this evening (more to add a bit of hygge to the room than any other reason!) and am pleasantly surprised. It smells a lot stronger than I expected it to, so for 50p I'm not complaining!

The-original-candle-co-exotic-mango-tin-x.jpg

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback