Noddle trying to scam punters out of £20 a year

Oh well, I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Freebie credit report service, Noddle, is trying to scam its members out of £20 a year.

Noddle_improve.jpg

Apparently my "Credit Rating" is "5 /5."

Credit rating? Credit score? Will they give me six numbers for the lottery too? :rotfl:

At least the important stuff is still free. The charge is for an additional random number.

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Silky89 wrote: »
    Knew it was only a matter of time before they'd charge. On well, Think I'll stick to £2 paper copies once a year :)

Looks like the other stuff will remain free. Paying £20 a year for a useless number and tips such as ensure you're on the register of voters and pay your bills on time is laughable.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    I don't think exisiting people are affected
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    If enough people had clicked on the sponsors adverts then they would have earned enough cash from them to pay their website costs without charging a fee.
    Maybe if enough people were to start clicking the adverts then the fee would be dropped.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    In fairness, the reports and indicative "credit rating" are still free, and £20 a year (while stupidly priced for a pointless number) is a darn sight cheaper than Equifax and Experian's offerings.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • I will be signing straight up for this!

It will be especially great to have another credit score so I can know how credit-worthy I am.

I hope they bring in a score that goes up to a thousand, not 999.

Most experian blokes will have a score of 999, where do you go from there?

If you need that extra push over the cliff, then you can turn the score up to a 1000.

A score of a 1000 so much [STRIKE]louder[/STRIKE] better as it is one more than 999
  • nathand_2
    nathand_2 Posts: 235 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2012 at 9:05AM
    I completely agree with everything you just said except the last sentence.

Noddle do provide free credit reports which you have to pay for with other companies. They certainly aren't scamming people. The 'bolt-on' service doesn't give you a more in-depth look though does it. Your credit report has all the information you could need to come to your own conclusion. The number they give (like every other CRA) is crap and most people here know it.
  • pvt
    pvt Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    I will be signing straight up for this!

It will be especially great to have another credit score so I can know how credit-worthy I am.

I hope they bring in a score that goes up to a thousand, not 999.

Most experian blokes will have a score of 999, where do you go from there?

If you need that extra push over the cliff, then you can turn the score up to a 1000.

A score of a 1000 so much [STRIKE]louder[/STRIKE] better as it is one more than 999

Well I had always presumed it was a logarithmic scale - so:

999 is good;
    998 is poor;
    997 is totally uncreditworthy;
    996 is Greece;

etc.

If there is a score of 1,000 then I can barely imagine what level of liquidity is required to achieve it - and it's probably like Schrodinger's cat: Merely looking at the score yourself is enough to knock it back down to 999.
    Optimists see a glass half full :)
    Pessimists see a glass half empty :(
    Engineers just see a glass twice the size it needed to be :D
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Agree with posters above re the 1000 score.

I mean ONE THOUSAND screams goodness. A GRAND.

Where as 999 just evokes feelings of calling the emergency services for a car crash or a fire.

I hear Wonga et al will roll out an online red carpet for anyone with a score of 1000, and will knock 1% of its 4214% APR automatically.
  • garynuman
    garynuman Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I may be wrong but my interpretation is that your "credit rating" (i.e. the 1-5) score will remain on your report.

The optional "Noddle Improve" service (£20 p.a.) includes the normal "credit score".

But as EVERYONE on here now knows, BOTH are useless to a potential lender.

Gaz
  • Just back off holiday (paid for, and waiting for cashback I hasten to add), and this is all getting a bit boring now. Credit to the OP for raising this issue, but the obsession with credit ratings is nonsence to me. Maybe my circs are more fortunate than many others, but (once again), live within your means, etc, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure