IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Stopping not parking

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would resend it with those extra details as required by that reply

they wont issue a popla code until they have considered the appeal and rejected it
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    If you give them sufficient reasons to not issue a POPLA code by trying to futilely out-fox them, you can kiss goodbye to getting an appeal to POPLA, thereby having no means to a cancellation, then 6 years of uncertainty (with the first few months filled with debt collector hassle) and the sword of Damocles hanging over you as to if (when) a Court Claim might drop through your letterbox.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Paul_Parker
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    trying to futilely out-fox them

Er, what are you referring to here?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing bad - not a criticism of you. Umkomaas one of the main PPC fighters here!
    "by law it needs to be kept clear at all times"
    LOL, which law would that be then?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Er, what are you referring to here?
    I got an automated reply, saying, among other things, "you must include your parking charge notice reference number and vehicle registration mark in order for us to process your appeal."

I included the former, but did not include the latter; is this their attempt to wriggle out of dealing with the appeal?
    This bit. If you don't comply with their process, you give them every reason to dig their heels in.

If they do, you have the devil's own job to swing this in your direction.

I'm happy to dip out if you think my advice is too much to the point.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Paul_Parker
    Options
    As several of you predicted, Park Watch have rejected my appeal. They've ignored what I said in the appeal, and refer - in an unsigned letter sent by email - to me stopping in a "red route" area where they say that is not permitted, not to having parked there.

I have my POPLA code.
  • Paul_Parker
    Paul_Parker Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2020 at 4:22PM
    Options
    The boilerplate "blue text" supplied by this site says nothing about supplying the VRM.

What makes you think - wrongly - that its omission was "trying to out-fox them" rather than a mere oversight?
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What makes you think - wrongly - that its omission was "trying to out-fox them" rather than a mere oversight?
    I think they thought that you were suggesting not giving the details now it had been asked for.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK so let's see your POPLA draft appeal, after reading post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Paul_Parker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    let's see your POPLA draft appeal

I'm working on this, searching for and reading successful POPLA appeals, but I'm not having any luck finding any that relate to stopping, as opposed to parking. Are there any? Links would be appreciated, please.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback