Broadband Genie fake offers ?

Options
After checking MSE Broadband deal tool l found the £100 in M&S vouchers deal to go to Sky on Broadband Genie.

The deal was to wait for 90 days then get the vouchers, after 90 days nothing from Broadband Genie.

l had to chase them up after exchanging emails with them asking for my reference numbers, order dates, order reference number which l give them. Now I'm being told my 'original sale did not track to us'.

It seems to me they are making offers to get sign-ups they don't intend to honour or make difficult to claim.

Anybody else had issues dealing with Broadband Genie?

Comments

• tergly
    tergly Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have had the same problem. I checked on progress with them after a month (it did say 90 days). They gave me the story about the sale not tracking back but fortunately I had kept their confirmation e-mail so had all the relevant ref numbers etc. They say it will take a few weeks so it is a good job I did not wait the 90 days before chasing them. Seems to me that they are hoping we forget about them. Needs looking into as it is false selling as I only applied for the broadband because of this.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say they are in breech of contract offering a gift then not giving the gift. They say after 90 days they will give £100 M & S Vouchers, are the vouchers off specific goods or all purchases in store? They can be off specific item that may not be for men or women or items that are not in the size of the customer.

Many years ago I signed up for something, cannot remember what but the vouchers they gave were for money off women's items in BHS and women were getting money off men's items it wasn't a simple so much off a total purchase they were specific items.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • archer123
    archer123 Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I signed up to Broadband through MSE using the link to Broadbamd Genie. Got the email, BUT didn't get the 'free' Amazon card offered by Broadband Genie.

The keep using delaying tactics, blaming PO! Etc. Asked for al, the references, despite giving before.

MSE should not get involved in fake offers, and companies that are not givng genuine offers.

AVOID Broadband Genie.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should complain to MSE .
  • archer123
    Options
    How? Any suggestions?
  • archer123
    Options
    Broadband Genie still making excuses to pay the giftcarx that was offered on MSE link.

My advice in the future would to treat these 'offer links' through Broadband Genie or to PO Broadband aka TALKTALK, with a oinch of salt.

They try their damnedest to avoud coughing up.

MSE why do yoh promote dodgy deals? A reputable company would trace the order and make the giftcard payment. These two just keep passing the buck
  • archer123
    Options
    MSE still promoting the PO Broadband as being the cheapest, if you 'claim' the FREE Amazon giftcard!

Problem is, Martin, they DON'T pay up.
  • Slm24mbo
    Slm24mbo Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up for the Post Office Broadband advertised with a free Amazon gift card of £50. Broadband Genie have said it has not tracked yet and will take up to 120 days to try and find it manually.
    I only signed up because of the Amazon gift card but it looks as though, after reading through this thread, that I won't get it.

I am still in my cooling off period so I think I might cancel the broadband and get a cheap fibre broadband.

I think Martin Lewis should be informed but no-one seems to have any contact details for him.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posted here as it has helped me a lot.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why should they contact ML ??
    He sold this site many years ago .
  • archer123
    Options
    Avoid PO Broadband - the MSE Amazon giftcard is a scam
    Still no reply from Broadband Genie or PO Broadband ref failure to pay £50 Amazon giftcard.

Any ideas how to pursue those making rogue offers through MSE website??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure