Contract issues with ee

Options
My phone doesn’t work properly. I called EE and it turns out I am THREE days out of warranty. EE customer service said the only thing I can do is get a second contract and line. They won’t change like for like. Their customer service manager was defensive and abusive from the second I spoke to him. I’ve been with EE and it’s predecessors for twenty odd years, but I’m so upset by their level of customer care I want to leave. I’m only six months in to a two year contract, so likely to take a hefty hit to extrapolate myself. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to take this forwards please?

Comments

• DiseasedBunny
    Options
    go to a phone repair shop?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ianelm1 wrote: »
    My phone doesn’t work properly. I called EE and it turns out I am THREE days out of warranty. EE customer service said the only thing I can do is get a second contract and line. They won’t change like for like. Their customer service manager was defensive and abusive from the second I spoke to him. I’ve been with EE and it’s predecessors for twenty odd years, but I’m so upset by their level of customer care I want to leave. I’m only six months in to a two year contract, so likely to take a hefty hit to extrapolate myself. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to take this forwards please?

If it's out of warranty then it's out of warranty, buy yourself a new phone. You've taken a new sim only contract and agreed to a 2 year contract on an older phone, why do you think EE would replace it with a like for like?
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ianelm1 wrote: »
    I’m only six months in to a two year contract
    What contract is this, and how is it connected to your handset and its expired warrantee?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    What contract is this, and how is it connected to your handset and its expired warrantee?

I was wondering that?

If the phone was taken out with the contract 6 months ago, it's still within it's 12 months warrantee with EE and could have a 2 years limited warrantee with the manufacture ?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One manufacturers warranty /
    Two Consumer Rights .
    OP needs to decide under what they are claiming .
    Suggest ignore warranty and read stickied CR posts at the top Consumer Rights .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jon_01 wrote: »
    I was wondering that?

If the phone was taken out with the contract 6 months ago, it's still within it's 12 months warrantee with EE and could have a 2 years limited warrantee with the manufacture ?

I'm presuming they've retained the handset from a previous contract with them and then taken out a new sim only 2 year deal. Otherwise the OP makes no sense.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm presuming they've retained the handset from a previous contract with them and then taken out a new sim only 2 year deal. Otherwise the OP makes no sense.

Possible, or the EE agent is just talking they're normal rubbish. . .
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I’m pretty sure EE don’t do 24 month sim only contracts, they do 30 day and 12 months.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport