Nationwide 5% a/c

Options
124»

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    There's only one now isn't there...for new customers.
    OMG, I didn't realise that everyone had withdrawn their offerings. It is getting harder and harder to earn any useful money from the banks :(
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Time to change your name by deed poll? :)
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The wording is correct.

You’re just choosing to read it in an awkward (and incorrect) manner.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    I bow to your 6,300 extra posts Gary. ;)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There used to be a loophole (staff unaware of the rules) by which you could open a new current account after a year, then get the 5% introductory rate for another year. Some members on here were even allowed to drop the account to a basic one and immediately upgrade to the 5% one.

However, possibly because people complained of being given conflicting information, Nationwide noticed and closed the loophole by making the policy clear; ie only one year at the supposedly introductory 5% per sole person (with another chance in a joint account, though).

The regular (monthly) online saver paid 5% and was renewable as soon as one ended. However, the product has been removed,but those who are part way through a year will still get 5% until theirs ends,
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Third account now operational, but I won't be using it, if I'm only getting 1%.

With the savings account they post the rate given on the top of the account, but nothing on these Flex ones, which seems odd.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Third account now operational, but I won't be using it, if I'm only getting 1%.

With the savings account they post the rate given on the top of the account, but nothing on these Flex ones, which seems odd.

What is the overdraft rate on the 1% accounts ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure