Nationwide 5% a/c

Options
Is the 5% account still available? Had a issue 8 account I think last year and had to open an issue 9 this year to gett he interest. This years is comming to an end this month, so need a replacement, but I can't see an issue 10?

TIA
Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Are you referring to Flex Regular Online Saver @ 5% APR? If so, then that product was withdrawn on 5th April 2019... :(
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • IvanDP
    IvanDP Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is the 5% account still available? Had a issue 8 account I think last year and had to open an issue 9 this year to gett he interest. This years is comming to an end this month, so need a replacement, but I can't see an issue 10?

TIA

The Nationwide FlexDirect is :D
    Set up one myself yesterday.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    I have no idea what they are calling it this week, but I thought it had been withdrawn. According to IvanDP it is still available, so I'll recheck their website.
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have no idea what they are calling it this week, but I thought it had been withdrawn. According to IvanDP it is still available, so I'll recheck their website.
    Nationwide had two 5% accounts - The FlexDirect current account, which pays 5% on up to £2500 for the first year, still available to new applicants, and the Flex Regular Online Saver, now withdrawn for new issue, which appears to be what you are talking about.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • IvanDP
    Options

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is a current account paying 5% on balances up to £2500 for the first 12 months.
    I took the advice of other forum members and opened one just as a savings account for the interest.
    Takes 5 minutes to apply online, another 5 minutes to set up the direct debits to meet the pay in criteria.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    However if you have had one in the past you won’t get the 5% again you’ll go straight in at 1%
  • IvanDP
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    However if you have had one in the past you won’t get the 5% again you’ll go straight in at 1%

I wasn't aware of that, thank you

(luckily this is my first one :) )
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Why do they make it so complicated. I already have two of these accounts but it wouldn't upgrade either. Had to fill in yet another form and they sent me new account details! My log in page is full of accounts with different names and different rates; how does anyone understand what is going on?

Ah well 5% for another 12 months, then no doubt I'll have to apply for yet another account!
  • keef-WhatStandards
    keef-WhatStandards Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 October 2019 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Just reread the above post about it may only be a 1% account. I don't think I've ever had 5% on any of these accounts, the one I had was, well still is called something completely different. Is that OK?
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Just reread the above post about it may only be a 1% account. I don't think I've ever had 5% on any of these accounts, the one I had was, well still is called something compleyely different. Is that OK?
    No-one can answer your specific question if you do not state to which account you are referring...Why don't you just logon to your internet banking and simply check the name of the account you are talking about?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family