Christening Gift for Godson/Daughter?

13»

Comments

• Aliana_Johnson
    Aliana_Johnson Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2017 at 1:15PM
    Hey,

Yeah agreed, christening gifts can be tricky... I always suggest going with something parents and child are definitely going to use or something sentimental like you mentioned... An alternative would be to buy the christening dress yourself.. parents traditionally keep that for a long time so that makes sense.. although you would have to know there preferential style I guess.. try M&S as well though.. I remember they had a whole section on baby gift ideas if I recall correctly... Try Lily Heriatge also... hope this helps everyone..smile

Aliana
  • I gave my Godson a bottle of good vintage port to be laid down for his 18th birthday together with a solid silver port label. I had a wooden box made for it. I dislike all the obvious christening gifts sold by jewellers and such like and did not want to burden my friends with clutter that they would have to keep on his behalf only for him to probably bin when he left home. Hopefully, he will enjoy drinking the port or of not he can sell it at hopefully a good price. The silver port label is small enough not to be a burden and is something he will hopefully appreciate as an adult. Otherwise, he will be able to sell this also as it is not personalised with his initials - merely the word 'port'. His parents seemed genuinely impressed with this gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure