PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

LL termination notice due to some AIRBNB - help(!)

Options

Comments

• SnooksNJ
    SnooksNJ Posts: 829 Forumite
    Options
    I have not done anything wrong. If they have any evidence/screen shots of an Airbnb listing of the flat - it would not be in my name and not by me. Does this mean that anyone who has pictures of your flat - can post them on Airbnb and then get you evicted?

I don't know. Why not ask your boyfriend? Because if someone was scamming people posting random pictures of unavailable houses as soon as the Air BnBer's did show up they wouldn't be allowed access to the house.
    So when you contact your landlord, MP, Santa Claus, or whoever with your outrage you better come up with a different story.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regardless of the airbnb stuff, you are "Not occupying the residence as a principle home", one of the breaches being claimed. Unless you can rectify this then it is pointless to argue about anything else.

Have you split up with the boyfriend? If not you are continuing to associate with someone who you yourself is suggesting might have committed some form of fraud. That could be a reason for landlords (not just this one) to have a reason not to want anything to do with you. If you claim the boyfriend did all of this without your knowledge then the landlord can rightly assume that the same situation might happen again.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • anyadvice4me
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    None of this applies. I'm sorry. It doesn't. Wait for court papers and go from there.

Thanks for the past advise.

I am lost with this and will need some technical advice.

1) As indicated previously, have a letter issued by the Landlord company dated 27-Feb-18
    - The cover letter requests notice of possession on 28-Apr-18
    - Then is enclosed a FORM 6A stating should leave on 28-Apr-18
    - Form 6A is hand dated "27-28-18" by mistake

2) Also received a letter dated 6-Mar-18 (can post up)
    - Issued by some ligation company seeking possession of an AST
    - Seems a template format stating where should not/should not be used
    - Says its seeking possession on "Ground 12" Schedule 2 Housing Act 1988
    - States Court proceedings will not being until after 21-Mar-18
    - Got lots of technical information about various grounds in it
    - Seems to be written on behalf of the landlord company

Some Questions which may help:
    -Can you shed any light on this 2nd Letter received?
    -(I thought the first letter with FORM 6A was the s21 notice?)
    -Don’t understand the 2nd letter purpose and why they state after 21-Mar-18 on it?
    -Are the dates that they can get possession still the 28-Apr-18 or later?
    -If they are agreeable can any of this be retracted?
    -Is there anywhere I can go to understand this process better and if I have any rights?

Really appreciate the forums past technical experts and advice in this area.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Even if this is invalid they are going to get it right eventually. Have you started to look for somewhere else to live because that is going to be the eventual outcome.
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Really appreciate the forums past technical experts and advice in this area.

I've no expert, and I've not commented previously. But I'll sum it up.

You're in the wrong. Look for somewhere else to live. Behave better next time.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jesus wept, I hope the landlord wins this but I feel sorry for the next one, and I speak as a tenant.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • anyadvice4me
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    Even if this is invalid they are going to get it right eventually. Have you started to look for somewhere else to live because that is going to be the eventual outcome.
    Thanks. Appreciate the non-judgemental approach. Forum posters have a limit on how much they can explain about their personal circumstances and situation. Granted the power is in landlords (LL) hands - however is there anything in the LL s21 approach or documentation provided which is incorrect?
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March 2018 at 9:15PM
    Options
    Some Questions which may help:
    -Can you shed any light on this 2nd Letter received?
    Yes.
    -(I thought the first letter with FORM 6A was the s21 notice?)
    Yes
    -Don!!!8217;t understand the 2nd letter purpose
    It's a S8 Notice (faster than S21) using Ground 12. See
    Schedule 2 (17 S8 Grounds a LL can use)

and why they state after 21-Mar-18 on it?
    S8 is faster than S21

S21 does not require a reason.
    S8 does require a reason - in this case ground 12.

-Are the dates that they can get possession still the 28-Apr-18 or later?
    No.
    If the S8 succeeds it could be shortly after 21st March depending on court date

-If they are agreeable can any of this be retracted?
    Of course
    -Is there anywhere I can go to understand this process better and if I have any rights?
    CAB
    Shelter
    A property/housing law solicitor

You are going to have to either negotiate and reach an agreement, or leave at some point.

Focus on those two options.
  • Annie35
    Annie35 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The 2nd letter is a section 8 eviction notice. Ground 12 only needs 2 weeks notice though it is discretionary not guaranteed posession.

Basically they are covering their behinds & will probably submit both s21 & s8 notices to court in the hope 1 sticks.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks. Appreciate the non-judgemental approach. Forum posters have a limit on how much they can explain about their personal circumstances and situation. Granted the power is in landlords (LL) hands - however is there anything in the LL s21 approach or documentation provided which is incorrect?

Unbelievable. How can you still fail to understand that even if there is something that's incorrect, you will eventually be evicted so why not be pragmatic, start looking now and move out before baliffs come and throw you and your belongings out on the street and you have to pay court fees?

Especially since by your own admission you cant afford to live there, so why are you clinging on?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure