PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

LL termination notice due to some AIRBNB - help(!)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• BrendaOracle
    Options
    Hi. Those conditions quoted by the landlord are normal for an AST, and by putting the apartment on AIRBNB they have been contravened. I would strike up a dialogue with them explaining your circumstances, and eat humble pie. If you can, make the effort to go to the office of the managing agent - face to face counts for a lot. Also get the apartment off AIRBNB immediately. Claiming ignorance of what has happened will not go down well so don't make a big thing of the "I didn't know it was happening" angle. It's quite possible another occupant in the block may have reported some unusual comings and goings which has prompted this action. Above all, do not ignore the issue.
  • franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    The important point here is that even if that s21 is invalid they are going to get it right eventually and you are going to have to move so rather than using energy trying to find out if this s21 is invalid you would be better spending your time finding somewhere to move to.

What you don't seem to understand is that you will not be staying there. So if you have sublet the flat you need to give notice to your tenant that their tenancy will end on the same day as yours so they need to start to look for somewhere else as well.
    Did you mean to quote me and then reply as if talking to me? Only I don't live there, I don't know the OP at all :T
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    franklee wrote: »
    Did you mean to quote me and then reply as if talking to me? Only I don't live there, I don't know the OP at all :T

No I didn't. I did it in a hurry this morning it was all aimed at the OP.
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    end-road-sign-8387423.jpg
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • sitesafe
    sitesafe Posts: 544 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I saw a programme about this air bnb. Some people were renting out their rented properties and (given that places in London can go for thousands a week) tenants could afford to move out and have a holiday abroad in the sun
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure