Broadband Help - V Low Speed

Options
Hello, and thanks for looking.
Basically, I live in a rural area and have a 'fast' broadband connection. Speeds of up to 3.5MB. Basically, it is v slow.
At this time, the is no fibre optic or other fast connection heading to my area in the near future.
I hear that you might be able to get faster broadband by using an unlimited DATA sim. I am not a heavy internet user, but wanted to get some advice.
Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The "Data Sim" of which you speak is mobile internet broadband. You need a decent mobile phone signal on the network of your choice in the first place where you are, otherwise it will almost certainly be slower than the 3.5Mbs you have now.
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 5 November 2019 at 11:40AM
    Options
    OP,
    Excellent advice from ‘Neil Jones’ in post #2.

My daughter, who lives in a rural part of York, has two (office and home) ‘Three’ 4g mobile routers and they both work flawlessly. Download speed consistently around 80Mbps.

I purchased a ‘Three’ 4g mobile router package recently,...it turned out to be a poor decision.

You may find it helpful to have a glance at my recent thread on this very subject.:)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6052376&highlight=biggus+dickus#topofpage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure