IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking dispute help. County Court Claim issued, my DEFENCE in post #63

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wish I paid the stupid 60 pounds initially
    We don't. This is an outrageous scam and well worth fighting, not feeding.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • neopl
    neopl Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2018 at 8:58AM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We don't. This is an outrageous scam and well worth fighting, not feeding.

I agree, and hence I am fighting this. There are moments of flustration where I wish I just paid... but I'm glad that I did not. I do have a question, however, because the newbiew thread is unclear on one thing. I'm reading the example replies to Letter Before Claim, and please see this excerpt

I am in receipt of your Letter Before Claim of 26th September 2017.
    Your letter contains insufficient detail of the claim and fails to provide copies of evidence your client places reliance upon.[/b]

The leter I recieved is directly sent from VCS, and not from a solicitor or the collection agency, am I correct in understanding that I should change my reply wording from your client to you ?

edit:

All the suggested replies are addressed to the solicitors... but my Letter Before Claim comes from VCS directly, is this unusual? Chaning your client to you won't really do, I have to really rewrite the letter to address VCS. Am I correct in thinking this?

By the way, a massivethank you for all the help, everyone. You really are making this process far less painful than it could of been.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2018 at 10:15AM
    Options
    neopl wrote: »
    edit:

All the suggested replies are addressed to the solicitors... but my Letter Before Claim comes from VCS directly, is this unusual? Chaning your client to you won't really do, I have to really rewrite the letter to address VCS. Am I correct in thinking this?

Do you need to ask?

Obviously if the letter has come from the "creditor" then your response addresses them diirect

Templates cannot be guaranteed to be exactly worded.

You do need to rewrite them tailoring to your particular circs and from whom you received the lbcca
  • neopl
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Do you need to ask?

Obviously if the letter has come from the "creditor" then your response addresses them diirect

Templates cannot be guaranteed to be exactly worded.

You do need to rewrite them tailoring to your particular circs and from whom you received the lbcca

My apologies. Of course it makes sense. This is uncharted territory for me and so I am just trying to cover all the bases - i.e perhaps there was a different reply which has to be sent to the solicitor vs the parking company. Now I know that this is not the case.
  • neopl
    Options
    I am about to put the reply in the post, but am wondering if PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS form should also be filled out and included in the envelope ?

The Letter Before Claim from VCS did include copy of this in the envelope.

I was unable to find information on weather or not this should be filled out and included in the reply.

Many thanks
  • neopl
    Options
    Hi All,

So I sent the reply to Letter beofre claim via post about 2 or 3 weeks ago (they recieved it, I have proof of delivery via royal mail). The deadline on the lettter before claim is fast approaching and I still do not have a reply from them. It is good practice to also e-mail them my response, or should I leave the situation as is?

Thank you
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    I am about to put the reply in the post, but am wondering if PRE-ACTION PROTOCOL FOR DEBT CLAIMS form should also be filled out and included in the envelope ?

The Letter Before Claim from VCS did include copy of this in the envelope

No. No need to return their forms
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All,

So I sent the reply to Letter beofre claim via post about 2 or 3 weeks ago (they recieved it, I have proof of delivery via royal mail). The deadline on the lettter before claim is fast approaching and I still do not have a reply from them. It is good practice to also e-mail them my response, or should I leave the situation as is?

Thank you

No need to do anything else.

Wait patiently and see if a Claim Form drops through your letterbox.
  • neopl
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    No. No need to return their forms

That's great, cheeers, and a good thing, as I sent it out 3 weeks ago :)

Do you have any thoughts on the above question about sending them an email with my response? It has been 2 or 3 weeks and I still have not heard from them in regards to my letter before claim response (template for which I had from this site). Should this go to court, would it not be good to be able to show that I reacheched out to them via all possible channels, both post and email?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure