Comments

• Kevin5566
    Options
    I use Spotify and iTunes
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i use quodlibet which seems to work quite well https://quodlibet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#
  • scofficial
    scofficial Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 April 2019 at 12:11PM
    Options
    I am using savan,spotify and gaana app . I can make my own playlist on this app without paying anything.
  • vaani
    vaani Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I enjoy Spotify the most.
  • ChrisK....._3
    Options
    I prefer to use Google music app which has all my music 8000+ tracks CDs already on it. I can play anything just by asking Google assistant, even when I'm driving. No downloading, no streaming no lag, no internet connection needed and NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES
    If I ruled the world.......
  • AnaGray
    AnaGray Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I used Spotify, but then I discovered that Spotify doesn´t store my music in the cloud. Spotify is letting me access whatever I have already stored on my device. With Apple music that´s not the case. Thatś why I converted my playlists with musconv to Apple.  I think I´ve made a good long term decision.
  • SteveOk
    SteveOk Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    None, I just rip them off youtube and transfer the files to my phone by USB cable.
    But that is quite complex. There are so many great apps out there today that you can lesten everything for free.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Love Spotify on my iPad and laptop, hate on my iPhone.
    Youtube music very good when on a free trial but free version patchy,
    Apple Music, absolutely excellent, loved my 3 months free.
    Will try Deezer (free trial) when back at school. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’ve been going through free or cheap trials of all of them. So far I’ve done:

Spotify (3 months for £1)
    Apple Music (Free for 4 months)
    Google Play (Free for 3 months)
    Amazon Music Unlimited (4 months for £1)
    Deezer (Free for 3 months)
    Tidal (Free for 4 months)

My Tidal subscription expires in February, after which I’ve got Napster, Qobuz and YouTube Music to try out. So far I’ve managed 21 months of free music streaming though.

In my opinion they’re all decent services and apps, but I’d say the best are:

Amazon Music Unlimited - for choice. I’ve never not found a track I wanted, whereas the others have all had some gaps.

Apple Music - for iPhone/iPad integration. Obviously not relevant if you’re on an Android device.

Deezer - for best app. Nicely laid out, easy to find what you need and very intuitive to use.

My advice? Wait for deals and try them out. Enjoy.
    Do this myself (to the envy of my mates) absolutely brilliant idea (if organised). I’ve done YouTube Music and Apple Music, will do Deezer when back at school.
  • THEV1LL4N
    THEV1LL4N Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve been going through free or cheap trials of all of them. So far I’ve done:

Spotify (3 months for £1)
    Apple Music (Free for 4 months)
    Google Play (Free for 3 months)
    Amazon Music Unlimited (4 months for £1)
    Deezer (Free for 3 months)
    Tidal (Free for 4 months)

My Tidal subscription expires in February, after which I’ve got Napster, Qobuz and YouTube Music to try out. So far I’ve managed 21 months of free music streaming though.

In my opinion they’re all decent services and apps, but I’d say the best are:

Amazon Music Unlimited - for choice. I’ve never not found a track I wanted, whereas the others have all had some gaps.

Apple Music - for iPhone/iPad integration. Obviously not relevant if you’re on an Android device.

Deezer - for best app. Nicely laid out, easy to find what you need and very intuitive to use.

My advice? Wait for deals and try them out. Enjoy.
    You should mention Tidal for sound quality (but you wouldn't know that having only used the free version; and also Google Play Music/YouTube Music for it's accurate music recommendations.  They appear to have the most accurate recommendations based on listening history, likes and location - much better than any other service.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback