Adware.Elex.ShrtCln

Options
2»

Comments

• aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are all busy changing their passwords.

That shot over my head?
    :idea:
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    aliEnRIK wrote: »
    That shot over my head?

RIK, nice to see you again :D Hope you're well?

FYI, the forum has been having a couple of hisy-fits about changing your password, twice in 5-6 days....bah!

...and DoaM is probably right....a fair few former regulars have been PPR'd for no apparent reason, and have not necessarily returned.....
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GunJack wrote: »
    RIK, nice to see you again :D Hope you're well?

FYI, the forum has been having a couple of hisy-fits about changing your password, twice in 5-6 days....bah!

...and DoaM is probably right....a fair few former regulars have been PPR'd for no apparent reason, and have not necessarily returned.....

Ah. Yeah im good cheers :beer: (In fact things are better than they have ever been)
    Hows things your end?
    :idea:
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    aliEnRIK wrote: »
    Ah. Yeah im good cheers :beer: (In fact things are better than they have ever been)
    Hows things your end?

Good to hear matey :) Still struggling on in the House of 'Jack, but as the signature says...... ;)

...and back to the problem in-hand...

To the OP - if you keep getting infected after quarantining stuff in MBAM, run a Windows full disk clean-up, followed by CCleaner (clean and Registry cleaner), then run MBAM, quarantine and then delete the quarantined items, then run ADWCleaner (right-click and Run As Admin). Let it delete all it finds. Let the machine reboot as required through all this...

Important - don't try and do anything else with the machine whilst doing this sequence of events, just do them directly one after the other. The point is some of these nasties will sit in temp files just waiting to be re-activated, so you get the infect-remove-reinfect cycle happening. Try this and come back and let us know :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure