IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Mr McDonald

Options

Comments

• Davidmc1948
    Options
    Hovite wrote: »
    Was this their response to your initial challenge or to you pointing out that Parking Eye and the Trust have broken the BPA CoP on blue badges ?

This was their response to my initial challenge I never pointed anything out to them I merely asked infact this is a copy of what I asked.

Message: I have noticed on the web site that you have requested Blue Badge
    holders to register with the hospital they visit, can you tell me is this
    compulsory and if so if the holder does not register with the hospital can that
    person not visit or attend that hospital.

I have replied to their reply asking if the elements in their response ie registration of the Blue Badge, and that failing to register renders the Blue Badge disc Null and void or not acceptable as a concession to their parking bays.
    Still no reply.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I am concerned you appear to be asking generic questions but not simply complaining about YOUR fake PCN and also sending the challenge as explained above.

You miss your appeal deadline, 28 days only, and you will regret it later with PE because they are NASTY.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Can you please follow very carefully what coupon is saying. The hospital is in breach of the Equality Act 2010 , they must not discriminate with this, their leaflet itself saying this could be construed as such, if you were blind would they offer this in brail ? Blue badge holders are not only the drivers but the passengers.

What happens if you were dyslectic and couldn't read what they print? So just get onto the hospital, head any letter with ' Breach of Equality Act 2010 at xxxxx Hospital' and explain to them your complaint, inform them of their duty is to the patients first not some third party company, also tell them that you will take legal action against them if they don't cancel this.

Act now and don't wait
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Davidmc1948
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I am concerned you appear to be asking generic questions but not simply complaining about YOUR fake PCN and also sending the challenge as explained above.

You miss your appeal deadline, 28 days only, and you will regret it later with PE because they are NASTY.

I have appealed against my PCN but they state (pe) that I must send or attach evidence with the appeal or I must appeal in writing I can send my # for the blue badge but they say on the appeal form I have to send a copy I am reluctant to do this and it is a very stressful experience.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    You don't have to send anything, its not up to you prove disablement, because that may not be possible for various reasons. The point is they are just a two bit private company. Now the hospital has such records being its a patient of theirs!

Now get complaining to the hospital, force them to comply with the EA2010, they must comply, they must make a reasonable adjustment, they are not right now! Be assertive in your letter to them, tell them quite bluntly that your next step is legal action against them for allowing this breach, and for the harassment and stress that parking eye are putting you under.

Inform them that the stress is causing your wife to suffer healthwise and is effecting the recovery from her treatment at the hospital. Insist that that their inaction is unacceptable and quite possibly unlawful.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have appealed against my PCN but they state (pe) that I must send or attach evidence with the appeal or I must appeal in writing I can send my # for the blue badge but they say on the appeal form I have to send a copy I am reluctant to do this and it is a very stressful experience.

Don't be so reluctant - miss your appeal deadline or 'further evidence' deadline and you could end up in court. You really would be better to play the game, send a copy of the Blue Badge (name covered up maybe) and you may just get it cancelled or you'll get a POPLA code (and you will win at POPLA with our help).

Time is slipping by - how long do you have to send this evidence?

Also COMPLAIN again as advised.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Hi David

We do understand the stress this is causing. Coupon-Mad's advice is not based on an airey-fairey idea this is the law. You have a PM!
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Davidmc1948
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Don't be so reluctant - miss your appeal deadline or 'further evidence' deadline and you could end up in court. You really would be better to play the game, send a copy of the Blue Badge (name covered up maybe) and you may just get it cancelled or you'll get a POPLA code (and you will win at POPLA with our help).

Time is slipping by - how long do you have to send this evidence?

Also COMPLAIN again as advised.

Hi I am sorry that I may be causing a complicated or hard to understand situation firstly I have appealed to PE against the Fake PCN I still have not heard from them although it is still in its infancy there has been approx 14 days gone by at the moment but my worry is that at the moment the trust seem to be adamant that registration is a must to qualify for free parking they have however advised me that if I receive a PCN then I should contact the Trust or PE.
    This is what I received today from the trust:
    Blue Badge Holders do not automatically qualify for free parking everywhere, however this Trust does allow free parking on condition that they register their badge and car details with us. If a person is a blue badge holder and they receive a PCN they would need to contact us or ParkingEye Ltd.

Now it seems that the trust and not the hospital where the PCN occurred are who you contact
    also when you register the Blue badge and the vehicle you are attending hospital
    in you can park free but should you attend the hospital in an other vehicle
    you have to register that vehicle also to qualify for free parking with your Blue Badge,
    I know that I have to contact the trust and give them the evidence but a disabled
    person should not have to go through all this palava, I am also worried about the
    repercussions my wife will get for the the hassle I cause.
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 September 2013 at 7:40PM
    Options
    This registering your badge and vehicle is all rubbish.

The hospital is giving the OP the run-around here.

They are confusing (possibly deliberately) blue badge holders and people with disabilities.

The law says they must not discriminate against, and that they must make allowances for, disabled people. Blue badges are a red herring here.

They are already discriminating against disabled people and their carers and family members by setting up such a registration scheme.

My dad aged 97 has a Blue Badge but no car.

Six of us - all his close family - take it in turns to take him to the local hospital. We would find this registration palaver a pain in the rear end to have to undertake in order to help him.

This crazy idea needs the involvement of the press, local councillors, MP etc etc to bring these fools to their senses.
  • Davidmc1948
    Options
    Iceweasel wrote: »
    This registering your badge and vehicle is all rubbish.

The hospital is giving the OP the run-around here.

They are confusing (possibly deliberately) blue badge holders and people with disabilities.

The law says they must not discriminate against, and that they must make allowances for, disabled people. Blue badges are a red herring here.

They are already discriminating against disabled people and their carers and family members by setting up such a registration scheme.

My dad aged 97 has a Blue Badge but no car.

Six of us - all his close family - take it in turns to take him to the local hospital. We would find this registration palaver a pain in the rear end to have to undertake in order to help him.

This crazy idea needs the involvement of the press, local councillors, MP etc etc to bring these fools to their senses.

Hi Thank you for your reply I have done as you have suggested and informed my MP on this matter because quiet frankly I believe the Healthcare trust is just as bad as PE sorry about the smilie I sent the wrong one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure