MSE News: Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers

Options
"From today Vodafone PAYG customers will be charged per minute for calls, rather than per second..."
Read the full story:

Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goodbye Vodafone!

Hello GiffGaff !
  • ashleyriot
    Options
    Vodafone says the change means customers will "always know exactly how many minutes you have left".

As opposed to knowing how many seconds you had left?

This is still far too complex - round it to the nearest hour so that it's much easier...
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who cares?
    There are lots of other cheaper provider.
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    There are lots of other cheaper provider.

Maybe today but some things got to go up to cover the potential profit loss due to EU roaming costs.

All providers have to implement the cuts to EU roaming costs so I'd expect all networks will start these type of moves to retain their profit margin for shareholders.
  • Orrin
    Orrin Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Vodafone have PAYG customers?
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    Orrin wrote: »
    Vodafone have PAYG customers?

8 million of them.
  • happy_to_be_here
    Options
    I'll be completely honest, the only reason I'm still with them after years of incompetence from them is my own laziness :/
    Going to have to make a change asap!
  • Orrin
    Orrin Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    8 million of them.
    A fool and his money, etc.
  • web_deb
    Options
    This explains why we have been unable to top up our phones with the Freedom Freebies package ( we have 3 phones on Vodafone) none have been able to top up with a freedom freebie either online or be phoning their number, 'service temporarily unavailable' this has been going on for about 3 weeks now. Time to look for a new provider.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi web deb,

Sorry to see this.

If you still need some help could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure