Good deals for company mobiles?

Options
We're looking to replace and upgrade our work mobiles in the not too distant future. The idea is that staff will be able to check emails and calendars when out of the office, rather than just make calls and send texts.

One of the issues is that I suspect some users will use a lot more data than others, or use a lot more some months than others. We have this with calls: ATM each user has 500 minutes of calls, which isn't always enough but is more than enough for others.

Wondering if anyone does shared plans, with an overall data allowance and number of minutes?

And generally, who's good and who's worth avoiding for business mobiles? Or are they all much of a muchness?
Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Most of MSE's sites are for consumers, not businesses. perhaps try the 'The Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving Board'

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,058 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fair enough, wasn't sure which board to use. Will leave it a day or two more in case there's any other suggestions then ask the BG to move it for me.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    One thing to beware of is the length of contract, we get stories on here of consumers being signed up to business contracts of up to 5 years. Make sure you read any contract very thoroughly, particularly the aspects on renewing and giving notice.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Thanks, yes, we're quite clued up to things like length of contract but always a useful reminder.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, just pointing out the issues generally raised on here!
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have you looked into the technical and security challenges of integrating Mobile eMail and Calendars?

BTW: This thread has been moved to Small Biz & Charities' Moneysaving
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Have you looked into the technical and security challenges of integrating Mobile eMail and Calendars?

BTW: This thread has been moved to Small Biz & Charities' Moneysaving
    Technical, yes. Several of us have mastered the black art of seeing work calendars on personal phones, and a few have work phones already used for mail and calendars.

Security, I thought so. Then asked a friend for their thoughts and began to wonder ...
  • gingerdad
    gingerdad Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Options
    We use o2 have a company contract with several mobiles on, on different tariffs works well, as we upgrade some and not others and some users use much more data than others.

we normally run a 2 year contract and review it.

I also like them as they treat the handsets separately so when they been paid for they drop off the bill if we don't upgrade
    The futures bright the future is Ginger
  • Dylan.Duffy
    Options
    Hi,

I know Vodafone do pooled data on Business Red plans (might be business advance now), the customer service isn't great - EE also do this sort of plan but only for up to 4 devices, how many staff do you have approx?

Thanks,
    Dylan
  • Savvy_Sue
    Options
    Hi,

I know Vodafone do pooled data on Business Red plans (might be business advance now), the customer service isn't great - EE also do this sort of plan but only for up to 4 devices, how many staff do you have approx?

Thanks,
    Dylan
    thanks. We have quite a few more than 4 people using work phones, but I'll be doing more research next week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport