Options
2»

Comments

• smudger1964
    smudger1964 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 May 2019 at 2:54PM
    Options
    If its battery life you are after and a reasonable price Motorola G7 Power 5000 ma battery.Easily lasts 2 full days using it all the time
  • tonygold
    tonygold Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Shelle wrote: »
    Thanks to all of you who replied, very much appreciated! :beer:
    Had a quick look at the Huawei phones and certainly looks very impressive! And yes you are right, the media isnt always to be believed :p

also consider the Moto G7 Power. i had a samsung S7 that was a great phone but needed charging twice a day so researched new lower priced handsets and settled on the G7 Power. it has a 5000mAh battery and truely lasts 2 days of heavy usage. i use it to watch sports on and the screen quality is excellent. possibly not as good as the samsung but not noticibly inferior.

others state that the camera in low light is not up tp much but i generally use it outdoors and picture quality is excellent. if battery life is the paramount imortance to you (as it was for me) i would highly recommend this handset.
    i bought from Amazon on it's release date in March of this year and at £179 i consider it a steal.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a look at OnePlus 7 Pro
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can second how good the Motorola G6 and G7 are for battery life. Don't have statistics but never had a problem with battery life
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 May 2019 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Motorola wins hands down when you take in to account cost vs battery life
    My 3 year old G4 still lasts 24 hours of fairly heavy use - on a single charge
    and that is with the 3000mAh battery - the G7 has a 5000mAh battery - so should last 2 days +
    They are significantly cheaper than Samsung as well !!
    It's up to you - but I would avoid Huawei for the moment !
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    if OP looking at S10+ to start with, I doubt camera at Moto G7 power is good enough for her.
  • Shelle
    Shelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well that was a turn of events wasnt it!!

I so very nearly went into town to look and possibly buy the Huawei P30pro phone as after looking at various options and the P30 series I decided it fitted my needs. Turns out to be fortitious that I didnt make it judging by the news today :eek:

Back to the drawing boards and will have a look at those other models suggested by some of you :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shelle wrote: »
    Well that was a turn of events wasnt it!!

I so very nearly went into town to look and possibly buy the Huawei P30pro phone as after looking at various options and the P30 series I decided it fitted my needs. Turns out to be fortitious that I didnt make it judging by the news today :eek:

Back to the drawing boards and will have a look at those other models suggested by some of you :D

It's possible that this will never actually happen but then again it's not my money :p

Maybe have a look at the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 mentioned earlier which has a cracking spec including a 4000mAh battery for a lot less than a Samsung 10 Plus.

https://www.mi.com/uk/pocophone-f1/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport