Ovo Energy Homeplan

Options
Has anyone got recent experiences with Ovo Energy's CORGI HomePlan? On the face of it, it beats British Gas Homecare products by a country mile for very much the same service. Is it too good to be true.

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    This is an old thread, that has a couple of recent posts.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4165731&page=4

In the past there has been quite a bit of adverse comment about the Corgi Plan. The usual criticism of exclusions in the small print, failure to turn up for appointments, etc etc; this seems to be a pattern with many 'home-care' plans.

The recent takeover by OVO - an excellent firm in my experience - will hopefully improve matters as they will not want their reputation trashed.
  • Iluvorkney
    Options
    Thank you, Like you, I like Ovo Energy and was hoping that having taken control of Corgi that they would want to ensure that the homeplan would match the standards of Ovo but have read, mostly older reviews which are not good, reviews on Trustpilot which are more recent were more encouraging. Will think about it over Christmas.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    As an OVO customer I received a 'Exclusive Offer!!' by email today.

£50 Amazon gift card and a free boiler service. Offer expires 21 Dec.

I have a 10 year warranty on both my boilers(1 for an annex) and a superb local plumber so don't need to take advantage of the offer; otherwise I might have been tempted to give it a try.
  • Iluvorkney
    Options
    Like you I have my gas and electric with Ovo and are happy with them and got the same offer which is way less than BG homecare 400 but the early comments about Corgi before Ovo took them over were dire
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure