Hotelsclick and Hotelsquickly warning

Options
Just a word of warning to anyone booking a hotel or trip via the travel websites.
On 1st January 2018 I booked the H10 London Waterloo for New Years Eve 2018/19 through hotelquickly.com via Trivago. I paid £211:62 via my current account and received a confirmation email.
On 6th December (11 months later!) I received an email from hotelquickly.com informing me the booking had been cancelled. On phoning the hotel, they told me it had been cancelled by hotelquickly the day before.
To be brief, many emails later I am still waiting for a refund. I'm currently negotiating both with my bank and Trivago.
Coincidentally, a similar situation has arisen with hotelsclick.com, who also refuse to refund £72:75 for a booking in Manchester that was cancelled by them out of the blue.
So if you're booking trips/holidays/days away through the usual websites, please check that either you have travel insurance that covers cancellations or that the host website is using reputable secondary sites. Maybe a quick check on Trustpilot. Checking with the hotel after booking is pointless as it seems the booking can be cancelled any time they like!
Better still, book direct and save yourself a headache......:mad:

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Drummist wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to anyone booking a hotel or trip via the travel websites.
    On 1st January 2018 I booked the H10 London Waterloo for New Years Eve 2018/19 through hotelquickly.com via Trivago. I paid £211:62 via my current account and received a confirmation email.
    On 6th December (11 months later!) I received an email from hotelquickly.com informing me the booking had been cancelled. On phoning the hotel, they told me it had been cancelled by hotelquickly the day before.
    To be brief, many emails later I am still waiting for a refund. I'm currently negotiating both with my bank and Trivago.
    Coincidentally, a similar situation has arisen with hotelsclick.com, who also refuse to refund £72:75 for a booking in Manchester that was cancelled by them out of the blue.
    So if you're booking trips/holidays/days away through the usual websites, please check that either you have travel insurance that covers cancellations or that the host website is using reputable secondary sites. Maybe a quick check on Trustpilot. Checking with the hotel after booking is pointless as it seems the booking can be cancelled any time they like!
    Better still, book direct and save yourself a headache......:mad:
    Earlier thread here about HotelQuickly:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5935558

In particular, posts # 13 onwards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business