Tethered unlimited mobile internet on Giffgaff

Options
I found something that would be a good update to the 'Cheap Mobile Broadband' article, and wasn't able to find it when searching on the forum.

I'm not sure when they updated their terms and conditions, but Giffgaff now allows tethering on all their plans and no longer seems to have the 6 GB restriction mentioned in the article. This makes the £20 'Always On' plan very good value for money if you're likely to use a lot of data (9 GB usage at full 4G speed, and anything above that is throttled to 384kbps from 8am to Midnight). It's not a substitute for landline broadband, but it is a good backup for when it fails or if you use a lot of data away from home.

(First post so I'm not able to link to the page, but it isn't hard to find on their website)

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Three do 30Gb for £20 or 12Gb for 15. You can use the whole allowance for tethering at full speed.
  • Badger50
    Options
    I've just bought a month's giffgaff unlimited data for £25 because my Plusnet landine is out of service pending arrival of the OpenReach digging team. I'm finding the 4G broadband very impressive. I'm getting 30Mbs download speed which is 50% better than Plusnet's non-fibre broadband offering, and cheaper as well. I think for some users it could well be an effective replacement for landline broadband, especially with a dedicated mifi hotspot rather than the wifi hotspot app on a mobile phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure