trading standards

Options
does anyone have the direct number for trading standards

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Consumers are no longer able to report problems directly to TS, I believe it needs to be done through CAB.

Aha, I was right!

"Trading standards services are delivered by your local authority and consumer concerns should be reported to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06."

https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/support-advice
  • julies59
    Options
    iv rang them but no joy,they have passed my complaint over to trading standards but need to know what is being done
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    If you are in GB they will be the same office / team as the EHO in your local council. Find their number and ask them to pass you across.

Works differently in NI though.
  • julies59
    Options
    they don't pass you on just email,but needed to speak to them directly but cant find a number
  • Diamandis
    Options
    Why is it you need to speak to them? They generally deal with the business rather than the consumer. What was the issue you reported?
  • BorisThomson
    Options
    Are you sure they're doing anything at all? They'll generally only act where there is a pattern of inappropriate/ unlawful behaviour.
  • julies59
    Options
    I bought a car from a dealer,14 plate when I went to sell it,i was told it was a cat d and the mileage was wrong,the dealer had hpi ed it,i rang ts and the helpline said to write to the dealer and I did that but the dealer have egnored my letter, the helpline said ts would help with my case but now they said they would email ts so I don't know whats going on or what to do,
  • BorisThomson
    Options
    julies59 wrote: »
    I bought a car from a dealer,14 plate when I went to sell it,i was told it was a cat d and the mileage was wrong,the dealer had hpi ed it,i rang ts and the helpline said to write to the dealer and I did that but the dealer have egnored my letter, the helpline said ts would help with my case but now they said they would email ts so I don't know whats going on or what to do,

You'd be expected to try to remedy the problem yourself. If the dealer will not respond then you'll need to send a letter before action, and ultimately a small claims action.
  • Diamandis
    Options
    Send a letter before action then take them to the small claims court. You don't need trading standards here.
  • julies59
    Options
    ok but I know you have to pay,we are on benefits and the gov website said they will help with costs but do you have to pay first then claim it back,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure