Talk Talk adding "boost" and upping monthly charge

Options
I've been with Talk Talk for about a year and on the last two bills, they've added a £4/month TV boost that I've not asked for and have never used, plus the monthly charge has gone up from £25 to £26.68 and then the next month to £33.50.

When I queried this with their customer service representative, she said, "a lot of customers are calling in about it" (the £4 being added without being requested). They apparently added it without explicitly telling me because they wanted me to experience the 'advantage' of being able to buy films from them.

I wonder how many people have not realised that they are being charged for something they don't want. In trying to get a refund (they've agreed to stop charging me the £4), they kept me on the phone for the best part of 54 minutes - I'm typing this whilst still waiting for them to deal with this.

The only way to deal with this blatant ripping off is to move away from them. That is now what I'll do, and I won't be returning.

I want others to know about this charge.

Comments

• TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi rtX,

I'm truly sorry to read about the unexpected increase to your bills, and apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused whilst trying to get this issue resolved. We do send correspondence regarding any changes 30 days before they are implemented, I'm sorry if you have not received correspondence regarding the change to the TalkTalk TV service.

We'd like to make sure we put things right, if you'd like to discuss this with us, you can reach my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk) and we'll assist you further.

Jo - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • judy_tweddle
    Options
    I didn't sign up to the boost and have been charged for every call I made to a non Talk Talk number - am sure I didn't realise that when I signed up for a landline as well as Internet. I have just had to pay £24+ extra for average one call a day. All local calls. I hardly use it - use mobile. V CROSS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure