PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Neighbours reducing your chances of selling.

Options

Comments

• PhilE
    PhilE Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »

Your friends need to use their local council services to sort the problem.

Im sorry to have to point this out, but your neighbors are affecting the value of your house.

Though they have caused the problem, their selfishness may have cost you. Even though the problem is solved at present.
  • PhilE
    Options
    shortcrust wrote: »
    And this still goes unanswered...

So answer it then.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    PhilE wrote: »
    So answer it then.

He was asking you!! You’re the one who’s ranting about it. It’s way down my list of worries.

What do you want to happen? What do you want to change?
  • PhilE
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words. My dear mother, born 1911, departed this life more than 25 years ago, sadly missed: Where were you with her, pray?

Apologies, Ive deleted the comment.

This forum is full of bickering, hard not to get pulled into it.

I've sent you a message also.
  • PhilE
    edited 17 March 2019 at 7:02PM
    Options
    shortcrust wrote: »
    He was asking you!! You’re the one who’s ranting about it. It’s way down my list of worries.

What do you want to happen? What do you want to change?

I've started the thread and given my input.

What's your point shortcrust? Do you have a contribution, or are you just looking to have an argument?

And you haven't reacted to my comment. Why did you immediately assume the behaviour mentioned was typical working class?

Keeping the front of your house tidy, isn't a behavioural pattern confined to the middle classes.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I take it from your previous posts your a pensioner.

Put yourself in the others position, and ask yourself how you would feel.

Im guessing you wouldn't be happy about drug taking in front of children, rats and barking dogs.

I'm a pensioner and under those cicumstances I'd be contacting the police for the drugs and the council for the noise and rats, doing nothing ensures the behaviour continues.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • Alan2020
    Alan2020 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well the solution is simple. An enforcement force should be created, which should respond to all calls, and record on video the whole incident. The should have unlimited powers to smash open doors, deliver lethal force if necessary and bring all nuisances like this under immediate control. All costs will be passed to the nuisance creator who if unable to pay will be enslaved and stripped of all human rights until any such sums owed to the state are settled.

If you vote for me you get this ha ha
  • PhilE
    Options
    I would say, follow the German model. Ours clearly, isn't working.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Im sorry to have to point this out, but your neighbors are affecting the value of your house.

Though they have caused the problem, their selfishness may have cost you. Even though the problem is solved at present.

Not if we don't want to sell the house.
  • yoshiyella
    yoshiyella Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes they would have to declare any disputes on the relevent forms but that should not impact price and if they have reported them you never know the place may well be cleaned up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure