Options
2»

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 March 2019 at 1:39AM
    Options
    The Financial Ombudsman Service won't entertain a complaint referral about a disputed Sky bill I'm afraid...
    He or she for all I know hadn't mentioned anything about Sky at that point.....Post #10 is where they brought up the name of the company. So I can definitely be forgiven for mentioning the Financial Ombudsman Service because usually, someone complaining about their Sky TV would use the consumer rights board.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    I can definitely be forgiven for mentioning the Financial Ombudsman Service
    I did berate the poster concerned for posting on an inappropriate board...

So, yes, you are forgiven ;)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I am not OBSESSED with making business incur costs - I am just trying to get Sky to pay for mistreating my financially - they are trying to increase my charges - despite my being on a fixed price contract and are now totally blanking me !!

You ought to check what the terms say e.g. if they are allowed an inflation increase or if you have cancellation rights. Why not just ring and threaten to cancel and see if they offer you a deal
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    You ought to check what the terms say e.g. if they are allowed an inflation increase or if you have cancellation rights. Why not just ring and threaten to cancel and see if they offer you a deal

Because I spent a good week obtaining what I thought was a good deal - just 6 weeks ago (£43 for everything HD) and was told that my price would not increase over the next 18 months !!
    I have an email from Sky telling me this..
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a sim only phone contract which is £x a month, they are allowed inflationary increases as per Ofcom rules, so long as they detail this in the contract you signed.

So again, regardless of what you think you did, read the terms and conditions and see if they are allowed to do it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    regardless of what you think you did, read the terms and conditions and see if they are allowed to do it.
    The OP has already been quoted those terms and conditions on a different thread in the (more appropriate) "TV Moneysaving " board.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75531511

However, he reports "success" later in that thread..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure