Curbing my Impulse Spending...

Options

Comments

• FiftyQuid
    Options
    Oh poor you. I'm sorry it turned out to be a costly day. But you didn't have a stack of choices and your health is always number one priority right? You'll make up for it.

I don't know what YNAB is but now I need tp find out!
  • ImpulseSpender
    Options
    ftbwannabe - I agree with you, I can seriuously see it becomming a key part of my budgeting/spending life.

Litepay- The mobile app is super useful when your out and need to record spending, you don't risk forgetting to enter spending later!

Fiftyquid - You should have a look into it. You can use it for 34 days free, I've been using it since Friday but will definitely be paying for it once the free trial ends. I think I read it is £5 a month but I could be wrong.

Today was a very chilled day where I didn't do too much. I had to get small amounts of groceries which came to £12.23. I'm trying to use up all my tinned stuff before I return back to the UK in less than two weeks so groceries shouldn't be too much of a big spend over the next two weeks.

Lunch is made for tomorrow so should be a NSD which would be my first since starting this diary, its taken me long enough!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
    Stocks and Shares ISA: £189.65
  • FiftyQuid
    Options
    I've just bookmarked the site and I'll have a good look either later or tomorow. Thanks!
  • darwins_mum
    Options
    You can extend your 34 days to 90 days for free by simply emailing them.
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task
    Crazy Clothing Challenge 2015 £48.58/£200 :eek:
  • ImpulseSpender
    Options
    Thank you Darwins_mum, I'll try that.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
  • ImpulseSpender
    Options
    Not a huge amount to report on since Sunday. I had a NSD day today woo!

I have been looking at internet and tv deals yesterday as since our contract ended with Sky we're paying £77 a month :eek: I found one with NowTV for £33 a month so I'm going to ring Sky when I'm back in the UK and haggle our price down. If they can't match £33 I'll be leaving them.

Feel like I'm in a bit of a limbo at the moment. I leave Australia on Tuesday next week meaning once I'm back in the UK I can do a good ebay sort out and hopefully make some extra money to put towards my debts. I'm also eating random food at the moment to try and use whatever I have left.

Lunch is made for tomorrow and I know what to take in on Friday so hopefully will be two more NSDs coming up. Plus I get paid on Friday (yay) which means I can do my budgeting for the rest of October and November on YNAB. Is it sad that I actually get excited to see where I can spread my money? :rotfl:
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't know which NOW Tv things you are looking at, but if you go through the options to leave on the passes they sell, they offer you half price several steps into it. I've done this continuously since I started using it, and pay £7.50 a month for the Entertainment and Movie passes :) just a thought :)
  • ImpulseSpender
    Options
    Ah thank you SSDD, we currently have a sky movies package but we've said we're happy to remove this to save costs but if we can get one with NowTV for that price then maybe we should just consider moving to NowTV full stop.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It's definitely worth looking into - it'll ask you about three times if you're really sure you want to quit then offer you the good price for a few months. I'll apologise in advance if it's somehow stopped but I did it 1 or 2 months ago for the 3rd/4th time :)
  • ImpulseSpender
    Options
    I checked YNAB tonight to see where my budget was at before I get paid tomorrow and rejig my budgets. Realised I still have £57.75 to budget so decided to pay extra off my FD credit card. £101.03 left to pay off on this card which will be done tomorrow once I'm paid :j

Spent £3.15 today on some snacks for this afternoon as I was starving at work and knew I couldn't last after lunch :p I need to start preparing some snacks to keep me going through the afternoons. I used to be quite good at this but I haven't been lately.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport