Curbing my Impulse Spending...

Comments

• The past few days haven't been too heavy on spending. Managed to have a NSD on Monday which was good. Then the other few days needed to get a couple of food bits here and there.

I did have to put in £5 for my manager's leaving collection in work. I did it very reluctantly though as since I've come back from Oz she's been very off and awkward with me. She's not leaving exactly in the best terms, alot has gone on although nothing to do with me!!

Started up my contact lenses again today and so needed to pay £63 to get a 3 month supply. From December it will start as a DD again at £21.

Bad news is that I found out yesterday that I'll be down £439.30 in this months pay due to an over payment last month :( Still have £229 left on YNAB to be budgeted for with everything else budgeted for until payday. Plus I get £114 from my flatmate on Monday for her half of the bills. So I need to not dip into that £343 so I can be covered for next month.

Good news is that I got my new glasses today and I love them!!:D
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
    Stocks and Shares ISA: £189.65
  • Weekend was quiet, did a good flat clean and chilled out.

Caved and bought a Chinese on Saturday night. I'd been craving one all week and then after I ate it, it was very meh. I always get this with Chinese, it never lives up to my imagination so I don't think I'll bother in future.

NSD today! Will need to get some snacky bits tomorrow during lunch at work from T. But then hoping Wednesday and Thursday will be NSDs. Need to get my NSDs up ASAP.

Found out that my interview went well and I came across really well and that I'm in a good position. He's interviewing 2 external candidates this week but I've been told that unless they're super fantastic then I'm in with a good shot.

Not much going on this week but Mum is visiting at the weekend so I'm super excited for that!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
  • Hi Impulse Spender, just thought I would drop by to say Welcome back to Blighty and fingers crossed for the new job.
    Best wishes
  • Thank you mummypops.

Still no news on the job but still looking positive.

Cashed out £22.78 from my work rewards cashback account which will help to cover the defecit in next months wages. Still have £9.70 still pending to be cashed in and still have some more Christmas presents to get so will wait until after Christmas to cash out again.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • Decided to work out figures based on this month's pay being deducted over £400. It means end of November/December is going to be a very tight month especially as there are a couple of small bits of Christmas shopping I need to get and social occasions. Really really going to have to stick to my budget tight for this this month and next.

My YNAB free trial ends tomorrow so I've paid out for a subscription which is setting me back roughly 65. I wish there was the option to pay monthly for it. But I really do like YNAB and if I didn't have it I'd struggle sticking to a budget, I'm rubbish at managing spreadsheets. Plus I'm going to need it more than ever with the end of this month and half of next month being so tight!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • Thanks for the mention of Nick True for YNAB, I tried it before and couldn't figure it out so going to give it another go. Spreadsheets are okay but not the same, especially if you have multiple accounts.
  • After my last semi negative post I decided to be proactive and see where I could save in this months current budget to help with next month's shortfall.

Rejigged budgets and I had budgeted £25 to buy a dress from Tesco and £12 to go to the cinema which I've now decided not to spend and just make do with a dress I already have for the work's night out. I've put that money into my budget for dining out as I have a friend's birthday meal on the 24th :T

I also have a few £s in other categories like household and cosmetics that I won't use fully so they can be moved round too once I've reached the end of this month's budget on the 20th.

Feeling better now I've been productive about preparing for next month's tightened budget. At the end of the day I need to remember it could be a LOT worse. I've seen some really inspiring diaries on here and people have coped amazingly with some really bad bad situations.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • Had a lovely weekend with my mum, thankfully spending wasn't too heavy. I just paid for a takeaway on Friday night for my mum, flatmate and me. This came to just under £50. Deliveroo managed to mess the order up though so I got £11 back in credit.

Changed my phone contract this morning meaning instead of paying £68 a month I'm now paying £48 and have a new phone. I was going to go sim only but I think my old phone will be kaput in 6 months and I wouldn't be able to afford to pay out for a brand new phone. I can also sell my old phone for £93.

Today and Saturday were NSD woo! Need to try and get some stuff on ebay this week.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • Payday is tomorrow woo :j

Paid £60 off the MBNA debt :D
    Hoping to pay some more off tomorrow once I’m paid and budgets have been calculated
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
  • Payday yesterday so all budgets done from today into the first half of December. Also withdrew £10 out from Qmee. Selling my old phone to music magpie for (hopefully) £93.

Paid £60 off Santander debt, would love to have paid more but due to being down £400 in wages it’s just not possible this month.

But yesterday was a NSD and we had a free lunch as we had a group meeting!
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport