Barclays payees disappearing

Options
I use Barclays online banking on my desktop. I have today noticed that any payees to whom I have made a payment in the past week or so have been deleted from my "saved payees" list. I contacted Barclays, who are aware that there is a problem: they can still see all my payees listed, even though I can't. They've asked me to try again later. It sounded to me as though they would attempt to restore my individual account manually.
So check your bank accounts: of course, you would not normally notice this data disappear, but just find the payees are missing next time you come to use them.

Comments

• rsneyd
    Options
    Barclays please: 1. admit mega-error, 2. apologize, 3. sort it ASAP
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Moan, whinge and ask for compensation.
  • southcambssaver
    Options
    Anyone else got this problem? It is not a one-off, but I don't seem to be allowed to keep more than 4 payees in my list. And payees I don't pay very often, eg less than once per year, seem to disappear. I complained to Barclays but got an email which was so ungrammatical that I thought it was a 'phishing email'. Is there a way of having lots of payees (as I have with Halifax) or marking payees so they don't get deleted by Barclays?
  • bob792
    bob792 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barclays payees disappearing after about 13 months is a design feature (as far as I know unique to Barclays). I find it annoying and have in the past (for transfers to my own accounts) set up £1 standing orders annually to keep the payee alive on their system. You can use the same payee list for one-off payments and sto's. Other than this, I haven't had any issue with payees disappearing.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    not unique to barcalys i have had unused payees disappear after 13 months on other banks
  • Zeldazog
    Zeldazog Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yup, this is currently happening to me on business banking.

Two weeks ago, I noticed one payee missing, who I paid in December, and pay most months.

Last week, when I went to pay some more people, I couldn't find one. I checked my list, and at least TEN regular payees, one whom I'd only paid five days before, had gone.

This afternoon, I log in again, and at least one more has disappeared, I am checking how many more have gone. I have 52 listed on my group payees, which never disappear even if you don't use them for three years or more.

I now have 20 on my single payees list, one was there when I discovered the others had gone, so it's gone since I reported it.

So far, all I am getting is "we are looking into it, but we don't know how long it will take" and telling me about group payments, which of course, I already know about them as I use them, when it's convenient.

Scarily, I've been using the messaging system, and even though I've got the column highlighted, "received", they're not in date order. If they cannot get the date right, I am having serious doubts about their ability to look after the company's money....
  • Zeldazog
    Zeldazog Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also, anybody find their website painfully slow all the time? I know I don't have the latest computer, but I only seem to have this issue with Barclays banking, as did my boss, when he accessed the same account from home.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Zeldazog wrote: »
    Also, anybody find their website painfully slow all the time? I know I don't have the latest computer, but I only seem to have this issue with Barclays banking, as did my boss, when he accessed the same account from home.

No problems with Barclays online today - or any other day. Always fast for me....
    I'd look to your PC / wifi / router / internet service before anything else.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    I used to have problems with missing (rather than slow) website functionality on Barclays when I accessed it with Internet Explorer. The missing functions were fine when I accessed it through Google Chrome (which I think is Barclays' preferred browser).

I also had 'cookie' issues through IE but Barclays resolved those after I gave them loads of info about my ISP and the precise version of IE that I was using.
  • Sueps
    Sueps Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had to get onto them as I wanted to pay our monthly PAYE/NI; 2 separate payees at HMRC have gone. If they can't put them back I've got to get all the reference numbers again and set them up for making this payment and the VAT in a couple of weeks. Very annoyed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure