Hilarious finding about Audi drivers

Options

Comments

• tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Neil49 wrote: »
    If you had actually taken in the facts highlighted in the article you would realise that, rather than being vacuous cretins, they were making a sensible decision.

As it says -

"Prestige cars such as Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rover, which hold their value over time, are well-suited to PCP financing.

The final balloon payment will be high, but if you!!!8217;re happy to give the car back at the end of the deal, this shouldn!!!8217;t be a problem."

You obviously have a problem with people who drive such cars. Chill out and get on with your own life.

Oh, and before you ask, I drive a 6 year old Ford

so you're basically driving a brand new car :o
  • woolythoughts
    Options
    "When I got my first new "prestige" brand car, I noticed an immediate difference in the way that a lot of other road users behaved towards me; speeding up rather than letting me out of a junction, speeding up to stop me changing lanes on a motorway, forgetting how to merge at the end of dual carriageways, slowing down in overtaking lanes to make sure I couldn't get past etc etc etc."

I found the opposite. When I'm driving my E class I am treated as "normal"

I've been driving a hire Toyota Aygo near where I'm currently working and I find other drivers actively block me from pulling out etc. I think they want to do anything to avoid being stuck behind me.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    I see the OP hasn't been back to this thread since he started it, didn't quite go the way he was expecting it to eh.
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    A Dacia Sandero and an Audi would do the same job. I would trust the Sandero to be more reliable as it has tried and trusted parts and less gimmicks.

That's a strange conclusion to draw - VW / Audi / Skoda group have a lot of common parts that have been developed over a long period of time, and a lot of experience to draw on, as do Renault / Dacia. A matter of perception, perhaps?
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    droopsnoot wrote: »
    That's a strange conclusion to draw - VW / Audi / Skoda group have a lot of common parts that have been developed over a long period of time, and a lot of experience to draw on, as do Renault / Dacia. A matter of perception, perhaps?

I just decided to ignore it..... although my point wasn't necessarily about the horrible experience of driving/owning a Dacia Sandero, but rather MSE forums continuing anti-Audi/BMW/Merc agenda.
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    I see the OP hasn't been back to this thread since he started it, didn't quite go the way he was expecting it to eh.

He doesn’t get up till midday by then we’re all at work so I don’t think he posts much.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    MSE forums continuing anti-Audi/BMW/Merc agenda.

When I started investing in the stockmarket 7% was quoted as average return. I could borrow at 0% (credit card) or 2% (mortgage) to invest. Should I borrow to invest? Quite sensible really but potentially dangerous. Stockmarket could crash. So these people buying expensive cars on finance are borrowing to purchase an item whose price is GUARANTEED to crash. The more expensive the car the more you lose. I don't think anyone is anti Audi/BMW/Merc but money savers are anti-expensive cars. Cars are just a device to move you around. It can be done very cheaply or very expensively.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I feel that I still haven't decoded a recent Audi TV advert.

It seems like in the advertisers' view, either Audi drivers are so arrogant as to think of everyone else on the road as clowns, or Audi drivers are on hallucinatory drugs.

I don't like either possibility, and I hope there is a more mundane explanation.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It seems like in the advertisers' view, either Audi drivers are so arrogant as to think of everyone else on the road as clowns, or Audi drivers are on hallucinatory drugs.

I don't like either possibility, and I hope there is a more mundane explanation.
    The first one is closest, I think they're saying the roads are full of dangerous idiots, and all the safety gear fitted to our lovely cars will help you avoid them. Clowns drive Audis too, of course. And we're back to the start of the thread!
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    The first one is closest, I think they're saying the roads are full of dangerous idiots, and all the safety gear fitted to our lovely cars will help you avoid them.

Especially when you just reverse blind straight out of your garage into the road directly in the path of a car load of clowns and kittens (or have they removed that part now ;))
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure