Homechoice are ripping off their existing customers - how to reduce your monthly rate

Options
Hi,

I have been a Homechoice member for 5 months. Prior to joining them, I clarfied with one of their reps that any future reductions in the cost of their broadband/TV services would be passed on to existing customers as well as new ones. I did this because I knew that broadband prices were constantly dropping, and I didn't want to have to pay higher prices than everyone else.
Yesterday I received a letter from Homechoice which informed me that my 1MB broadband connection was being increased to 2MB for no extra cost and this change was taking place the next day on 1/2/05. This, I thought, was great. The letter explained that Homechoice would arrange everything and that I needed to take no action.
Quite by chance, because I wanted to know at what time on the 1st this change would take place, I accessed the Homechoice website. There I learnt that the cost of the 1MB package had been reduced from £35 to £27.50. The 2MB package (an entirely separate package) had now been reduced to £35.
Therefore Homechoice's 'kind gesture' to existing customers was in fact a penalty. Rather than automatically charge me the reduced rate for my 1mb service, they bumped me up to the next 2MB package, so that my subscription rate stayed the same. This annoyed me very much. Though I would like a faster broadband connection, their sly methods were too much for me to take.
I called Homechoice and explained how I felt I'd been penalised. I expected to hear some rubbish about how they can't reduce my premium, but instead I was informed that as from tomorrow my service would revert back to 1MB and I would pay £27.50 a month.
I don't really have time to post a long message like this, but I felt conned and know that thousands more Homechoice customers are being unwittingly conned.
As I said, I found out by chance. If you're a Homechoice customer and feel conned like I did just give them a call and get a permanent discount.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport