Amazon Addicts Unite!

Options
I love Amazon. Like a boyfriend I will never get because essentially thanks to Amazon I don't have to leave the house apart from going to work........

So I don't know if there is anyone else who is permanently logged into Amazon, no longer shops in the real world and when they need to make a purchase don't really look anywhere else apart from Amazon.

In fact shopping on Amazon could possibly be listed as one of my hobbies.

They have amazing customer service, fantastic delivery and are pretty damn good all round.

However, they don't need any more of my money. Even if they do sell loads of things I didn't know I wanted! I clicky clicky - not like spending real money at all!

My proposal for this challenge is to see how many Amazon Free days we can manage. You can pledge a number or just check in with a running count.

On that note it is almost 12.30 and I need some sleep! And no late night Clicky Clicky!!

Hope people will join me in my quest to limit my online addiction :)

Love Buffy
Nevertheless she persisted.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great challage Buffster.
    Hope it all goes well for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I laughed, but then thought actually you are right. Next to the co-op Amazon was the second most common thing on my bank statement for December :o
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I laughed, but then thought actually you are right. Next to the co-op Amazon was the second most common thing on my bank statement for December :o

My Credit card statement is Amazon and petrol!

Well, today has been an Amazon free day! I haven't browsed or even thought about my old friend :)

I was doing some gardening today and had a good look through the window of my shed (have lost the key) and realised how much (again) that I have bought over the years and how much lies unused.

XX
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well done on ditching your old friend for today :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    No Amazon today either but I did order two new cushions from Ebay.

It has been ok so far, but it is my best friend's birthday soon and I will have to send her something from Amazon, I never make it to the Post office.

I was entertaining the idea of collecting Amazon vouchers and only spend those. Will have to look in how to get them.

Am so out of practice with MSE

Buffy
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Buffy, I mess about on swagbucks, just the dailies and apps rather than the surveys which generates about £20 a month in vouchers. I also take my cashback via Quidco, a whole 2% uplift.

I did buy a microwave from them this week. Ours blew up, the Amazon price was the same as elsewhere and I had £35 in vouchers due to above. I remembered to cancel the kindle unlimited trial before I got charged too.

How are you getting on?
  • beanielou
    Options
    How is it going Buffy?

• frankennsteiny
    Options
    I love amazon as well and being a prime member is great for getting what i want quickly.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am addicted to Amazon too. I check it nearly every day - who knows why. I have prime membership and Amazon music. Hardly a day goes by without an amazon parcel to the house for one member of the family or other.... There are so many bargains and they deliver so quickly..... Other than food its pretty much my biggest temptation. I am doing better this month. I bought a few things with my monthly allowance / pocket money around pay day mid month but other than £2.09 yesterday have pretty much left it alone. So getting better
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    *blushes*

I was doing great, till er.....today!

With all the family stuff going on I didn't have time to send or give my friends their Christmas presents so I erm may have sent them all an amazon gift.

but up till today I was doing good honest!

Start again tomorrow!

XXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills