Cheap Energy anomoly

Options
I have managed to get a lower deal on an online comparison site that all of those quoted to me via the cheap energy club.
I did not expect that of MSE

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    caiti wrote: »
    I have managed to get a lower deal on an online comparison site that all of those quoted to me via the cheap energy club.
    I did not expect that of MSE

Is it a secret?:)
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 200 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 September 2018 at 9:29AM
    Options
    Hi caiti,

Curious to know what usage figures you were using on our site compared to the other comparison site?

To calculate the costs on the tariffs you see in the club, Cheap Energy Club takes the usage which you’ve entered on your account and works out (based on your tariff’s rates) how much this would cost you over a year and on average per month.

We'll show the same tariffs that other price comparison sites would show so the prices (per units) won't be any different but if you've used usage figures (lower) the prices will 'appear' cheaper.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Chris wrote: »
    Hi caiti,

Curious to know what usage figures you were using on our site compared to the other comparison site?

To calculate the costs on the tariffs you see in the club, Cheap Energy Club takes the usage which you’ve entered on your account and works out (based on your tariff’s rates) how much this would cost you over a year and on average per month.

We'll show the same tariffs that other price comparison sites would show so the prices (per units) won't be any different but if you've used usage figures (lower) the prices will 'appear' cheaper.

Not necessarily.

Perhaps the OP has found a collective tariff?

Or perhaps they have found a supplier/tariff that MSE don't show. Been several posts recently on the energy board about suppliers/tariffs that MSE does not display.

Here's a thread from earlier this year where someone tried to create a list of them
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5825841
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport