My Over 50's Spending Diary

Options

Comments

• kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello Teddy 23,

I am afraid that I cannot take credit for the name roadkill, I first saw it on the Wombling thread 2 years ago. :D

When I first saw roadkill I thought you'd managed to hit a pheasant or rabbit and dived out and put it in the pot, hence saving money :D

Round me they are positively suicidal, especially early in the morning, I rarely go a morning drive without having to swerve or brake to miss one.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    kangoora wrote: »
    When I first saw roadkill I thought you'd managed to hit a pheasant or rabbit and dived out and put it in the pot, hence saving money :D

Round me they are positively suicidal, especially early in the morning, I rarely go a morning drive without having to swerve or brake to miss one.

Kangoora you had me laughing out loud. I am a non driver. :rotfl:
  • frizz2
    frizz2 Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sugarbaby 125, you are an inspiration!
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Teddy 23,

I am afraid that I cannot take credit for the name roadkill, I first saw it on the Wombling thread 2 years ago. :D

I still think of it as roadkill as well, picked up 2p today. People use less cash than before, so I find my annual haul has gone down.:(
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I haven't been out as much as usual, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol.
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Feeling much better now but sleep is all over the place. Hoping to gatecrash the college tomorrow, they were looking for models for blow dries, didn't think I would be well enough but feeling fitish so will just turn up hopefully and get gorgioused lol
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    I bought a M & S Total Support Bra from eBay for £7.99 including P & P which saved me £10.01 compared to buying it from M & S online (21st Jan) :D

3 hopper bus journeys £2.25 (21st Jan)

Free Metro newspaper 60p (23rd Jan)

2 hopper bus journeys £1.50 (23rd Jan)

2 punnets of grapes from East Street Market for £1.30 which saved me £1.70 compared to buying them on offer 2 for £3 in my local Morrisons

Free Metro newspaper 60p (25th Jan)

2 hopper bus journeys £1.50 (24th Jan)

6 hopper bus journeys £4.50 (25th Jan)

My Weekly Online Grocery Shopping special offers and price reductions saved me £14.60 this week (24th Jan) :D

I got 3 giant cheese straws and 1 giant cookie for free from my monthly open mic poetry evening worth at least £4 (25th Jan) :D

A small bottle of Canei was bought for me in the pub by a male admirer which saved me £6 :D

My sister H paid for the Uber car to and from the pub on Saturday 26th Jan and Sunday 27th Jan on her Uber Account which was £28 in total for the 4 journeys :D

My sister H bought me 2 bottles of water in the pub £3 (27th Jan) :D

2 X Groupon vouchers used at Leilani restaurant for £44.40 which saved me £67.60 (27th Jan) :T

Free Metro newspaper 60p (28th Jan)

Poundland Bargains: (28th Jan) :T

4 X Neutradol Gel £4 I saved £2 compared to buying these from Tesco

A Pack of 8 X small bubble envelopes £1 compared to buying them from the local stationers for 65p each which saved me £4.20

A Pack of 6 X Large bubble envelopes £1 compared to buying them from my local stationers for 85p each which saved me £4.10

2 X L'oreal Color Riche Nail Polish which saved me £1.68 compared to the cheapest available price on eBay

Lotus Biscoff Snack Pack £1 which saved me 49p compared to buying them from Tesco

2 X 10 McVities Jaffa Cakes £1 which saved me £1 compared to buying them from Tesco

5pk Cadbury's Caramel Cake Bars reduced to 50p which saved me 50p

Cadbury's Triple Choc Roll reduced to 50p which saved me £1.50

Cadbury's Twirl Bites reduced to 50p which saved me 50p

2 X 130g Smaties Tubes reduced to 50p each which saved me £1

1 hopper bus journey 75p (28th Jan)

Current Total = £1304.28
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done, sugar.

I really like buying my fruit and veg from the market as it is so much cheaper. The only problem is that the market isn’t convenient to get to, so I don’t get to go very often.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    Well done, sugar.

I really like buying my fruit and veg from the market as it is so much cheaper. The only problem is that the market isn’t convenient to get to, so I don’t get to go very often.

Chanie, I hardly ever buy fruit from East Street Market because the quality is usually too poor. I went through the punnets of grapes and I was able to find 2 punnets of grapes that were in very good condition.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    3 hopper bus journeys £2.25 (29th Jan) :)

My Weekly Online Grocery Shopping special offers and price reductions saved me £15.56 this week (31st Jan) :T:D

Free Metro newspaper 60p (31st Jan)

23p (20p + 1p + 2p) Roadkill (31st Jan)

My January 10 Odeon Limitless Cinema tickets were worth £113.50 which saved me £93.51 on my £19.99 monthly direct debit payment :T:D:j

I bought a hardback book for myself from Poundland which saved me £19 :D

Current Total = £1435.43
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport