ASHP Thoughts?

Options
ukbfg
ukbfg Posts: 32 Forumite
edited 23 January at 4:25PM in Heat pumps
I found this multi-room ASHP on an older thread and thought it looked really good for the money (Although I'm a noob to ASHP's so could be wrong!) and was worth it's own thread:-
https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/eiq-3ms9k9k9k/electriq-eiq3ms9k9k9k-air-conditioner#/maindesc

The idea being to combine it with our existing PV solar panels to get free/cheap heating in Autumn and Spring at least, as suggested in this thread:-
https://www.forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4715287

Any thoughts please? (This may be better on on another board, but posted in here 1st as that's where the other discussion was).

Comments

• ukbfg
    Options
    Does anybody have any thoughts on this please?
  • Coastalwatch
    Options
    Hi ukbfg, I am not familiar with the brand but then I'm not involved in the trade in anyway. However from my own limited experiences the price appears very competitive although I suspect it will be a basic system. That's not to say it won't suit you or perform as you expect. The SCOP figure quoted is on par with other brands although the noise levels stated appear high compared to more well known brands both for the internal and external units. Have a look at other more well known brands and compare the specs. At the end of the day the choice will come down to you, or the brand your installer advises/works with.
    I think you'll find we've opted for differing brands which appear satisfactory to each.

If you have any questions resulting then do post them on here and I'm sure we'll advise as best we can.
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • ukbfg
    Options
    Hi ukbfg, I am not familiar with the brand but then I'm not involved in the trade in anyway. However from my own limited experiences the price appears very competitive although I suspect it will be a basic system. That's not to say it won't suit you or perform as you expect. The SCOP figure quoted is on par with other brands although the noise levels stated appear high compared to more well known brands both for the internal and external units. Have a look at other more well known brands and compare the specs. At the end of the day the choice will come down to you, or the brand your installer advises/works with.
    I think you'll find we've opted for differing brands which appear satisfactory to each.

If you have any questions resulting then do post them on here and I'm sure we'll advise as best we can.

Thanks. I'll have a look around. Any recommendations for decent well respected brands?

Also, any thoughts on the 1-3 setup?
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can these products also do air filtration for allergy sufferers, MHRV and even be reversed to provide AC (demand for which matches nicely with peak PV production)?
    I think....
  • ukbfg
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Can these products also do air filtration for allergy sufferers, MHRV and even be reversed to provide AC (demand for which matches nicely with peak PV production)?

Not sure about the 1st ones as I've only just started looking into it myself, but I know they can do dehumidification, as well as heating AND cooling, yes. And you're right, using solar PV energy to power air con seems like a perfect match (on the 4 days every other year it'd be useful!).
  • Coastalwatch
    Coastalwatch Posts: 3,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ukbfg wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll have a look around. Any recommendations for decent well respected brands?

Also, any thoughts on the 1-3 setup?
    From memory the guys on here have adopted a variety, including but not limited to, Toshiba, Panasonic and Mitsubishi but other well known brands exist also such as Daikin, Fujitsu and others.

The 1-3 set up appears very attractive although opinions at the time I had mine installed suggested that one to one systens were more efficient to run although I've no documented evidence of this. I do know that most manufacurers offer basic models around the £400 mark for a single system as well as deluxe versions which were favoured by my installer offering more flexibility on input value as opposed to being either on or off depending upon the thermostat signal. Again,it's worth finding the time to read the following thread through from beginning to end then you'll know as much as I do. After all you are perhaps looking to invest a considerable sum so hopefully worth the read.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4715287
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure