Which smartwatch? Garmin vivoactive or vivomove HR?

Options
I've been debating changing from my fitbit alta due to strap and charger issues with it. I've noticed garmin have an offer on both the vivoactive 3 and the vivomove HR. Anyone got any if these? What's the difference between them?
Wins: Cushelle Koala, Mama tea bundle, coconut ice cream recipe book

Comments

• anniecave
    anniecave Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks like the Vivoactive 3 has GPS, but the Vivomove HR doesn't.

I have a different Garmin which doesn't have GPS. If it doesn't have GPS it estimates distances via steps, which for me as I do walking or running it means the distances can be very inaccurate. It of course also estimates pace via distance, laps via the distance etc.

I'm not sure how accurate the GPS on a watch is anyway, but I would imagine distances and of course therefore all the measurements would definately be more accurate on the watches with GPS.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure