Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 24th Apr 12, 7:05 AM
    • 4,379Posts
    • 93,921Thanks
    Westvleteren
    11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE
    • 24th Apr 12, 7:05 AM
    11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE 24th Apr 12 at 7:05 AM

New overflow thread for 11+ers

THE FOLLOWING IS COPIED FROM ORIGINAL FIRST POST ON PREVIOUS THREAD

This is yet another bargain/glitch/DTD/JTD/misprice thread!

We know it's in the 'Gone But Not Forgotten' section!

We know there are at least 2 other threads in which we could post!

Yes, we do talk a lot!

No, not all of what we say is Tesco related or even of interest to many others but this is the way this thread has formed.

Many of us want to discuss the various deals to be had but this was not appreciated on the main Grabbit forum. As such, we now use this thread to talk about anything from how to cook a baked potato to how to get 1p or 4p items through self-scan as quickly as possible. We also discuss ex-husbands, kids and animals. If you have a medical problem we'll nag you until you go to the Doctor. If you're not feeling well we'll provide support, a wee hot drink and whatever chocolate is currently glitching to cheer you up.

And finally, yes we know that some people try to obscure the store names but this works both ways. It might make it difficult for those who don't have the time to sit here and natter all day but it also makes it difficult for staff/managers to quickly identify any issues at their store.

We do try to remember to post new deals in bold. We don't like arguing so we're not going to take umbrage if one or two deals slip through.

Now sit back, relax and feel free to join in. We don't bite (unless you ask nicely), we will help wherever possible and you don't have to post new deals just to feel like part of the group.

Please put all your finds in bold with LAST 4 DIGITS OF barcode and photo if possible so we can chat & still speed read for bargains.

Common abbreviations:

SEL: Shelf Edge Label
    DTD: Double the Difference
    JTD: Just the Difference
    RTC: Reduced to Clear
    OOD: Out Of Date
    CC: Clubcard or Credit Card, depends on context
    HTH: Hope That Helps
    SA: Sales Assistant
    CS: Customer Services
    DD: Darling Daughter
    DS: Darling Son
    OH: Other Half
    DH: Darling Husband
    TIA: Thanks In Anticipation
    GBP: Great Britain Pound (some people cant get the sign to work, or have keyboards set up in "bilingual" mode)
    Trout: is the expression used by people on here for cashiers of a certain age, usually female, that are miserable for the sake of being miserable, unhappy in their work, jealous of people with mocs and do their level best to prevent anyone using coupons...try your very best to avoid them at the checkouts..... (thanks to myrtleturtle on the coupon thread for this)
    T.i.T.: Trout-in-Training

Link to location of Tesco scanners thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3539593&highlight=tesco+scanner+l
    PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS BY THE SCANNERS!!! Please do not give the staff extra work by leaving your unwanted scanned items - stores will be loathe to repair or replace scanners if they make extra work for staff!

Tesco Head Office Phone Numbers in case you have a problem at the Customer Service Desk: 0800505555 and 01382822700

Here's the link to Tesco Customer Services:
    https://www.tescohelp.com/tesco/forms/cs_form.html

If you still have a valid problem that can't be resolved by the store or Head Office here is the e-mail address of the Chief Executive - Please use it wisely!
    philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

Link to Snap-ant's 11+ers Daily quiz!
    http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Please note that we don't supply copies of coupons, it's against MSE rules so please don't ask. Legitimate coupons can be found on the coupon thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3840565
    The PDF coupons can be saved to your computer as sometimes they get pulled early

This is the link for HappyChappy’s Guide to Uploading Photos to the thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=48281985&postcount=273

neosi's snap tool in Adobe reader guide:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=51880781&postcount=9213

And OldBear's guide to cost-effective coupon printing:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=51885141&postcount=9388

The list of who we all are and where we lurk in real life can be found here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=50511777&postcount=47

This is the link to the Daily Mail article regarding 1p finds:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314395/Tesco-shoppers-flock-bargains-sale-just-1p.html

Please see the second post for Hey Dude's Top Tips for Finding Misprices.

And finally a big Thank You to neosi for our lovely new logo
    Last edited by Westvleteren; 07-05-2012 at 7:53 PM.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

Page 114
  • tricia89
    evening all

just a quick question ive had a look online but dont really know what to search for,
    my sons cot mattress is like a foam type material and over last couple days its sunken right in in the middle bit but i dont know why
    is there anything i can do to make it go back to normal or do i need to get a new one?

Also, Superdrug has johnsons wetwipes 10p a pack
    only had one on clearance shelf and packaging was odler style than the rest of them so dont know if any other stores will have any of them,
    You can't make someone love you. All you can do is
    stalk them & hope they panic & give in

God created men first, cause you always makes a rough draft before a masterpiece!
    • AMMat158
    • By AMMat158 28th Apr 12, 9:08 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 10,326 Thanks
    AMMat158
    Sorry to butt in, is it this one? and what kind of T's did you find it in? TIA
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268151066&sc_cmp=aff_1018132
    Originally posted by motherbear
    I think this is the juice which has been reduced in the kosher section, the other OJ doesn't have a green stripe round it.
  • penniesforme
    Sorry to butt in, is it this one? and what kind of T's did you find it in? TIA
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268151066&sc_cmp=aff_1018132
    Originally posted by motherbear
    yup..thats the one

in tesco superstore
  • flowerclipper
    evening all

just a quick question ive had a look online but dont really know what to search for,
    my sons cot mattress is like a foam type material and over last couple days its sunken right in in the middle bit but i dont know why
    is there anything i can do to make it go back to normal or do i need to get a new one?

only had one on clearance shelf and packaging was odler style than the rest of them so dont know if any other stores will have any of them,
    Originally posted by tricia89
    Turning it over may help.
    • Call of Trouty
    • By Call of Trouty 28th Apr 12, 9:16 PM
    • 5,646 Posts
    • 125,831 Thanks
    Call of Trouty
    evening all

Originally posted by tricia89
    Have you tried turning the mattress ? You should turn a mattress occasionally to get the best wear out of them.
  • penniesforme
    I think this is the juice which has been reduced in the kosher section, the other OJ doesn't have a green stripe round it.
    Originally posted by AMMat158
    wasnt in the kosher section..its with the other OJs. its the only tesco one with a green top bit...so look out for that. ML and FK - there are still about 15 in the tesco that i go to, if you two want any. bottom shelf.
    • motherbear
    • By motherbear 28th Apr 12, 9:21 PM
    • 1,370 Posts
    • 23,102 Thanks
    motherbear
    yup..thats the one

in tesco superstore
    Originally posted by penniesforme
    wasnt in the kosher section..its with the other OJs. its the only tesco one with a green top bit...so look out for that. ML and FK - there are still about 15 in the tesco that i go to, if you two want any. bottom shelf.
    Thankyou
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    If you can't eat it or play with it ....... just pee on it and walk away.
  • tricia89
    Turning it over may help.
    Originally posted by flowerclipper
    Have you tried turning the mattress ? You should turn a mattress occasionally to get the best wear out of them.
    Originally posted by Call of Trouty
    such basic stuf i just never think of doing,
    thanks both ill flip it in morning see if it makes any change.

God created men first, cause you always makes a rough draft before a masterpiece!
  • tricia89
    on another note is anyone watching britains got talent when that little boy just started crying
    why did the programme just come to an end so suddenly.
    Made me cry poor boy

• Miss Laid
    • By Miss Laid 28th Apr 12, 9:28 PM
    • 6,202 Posts
    • 144,031 Thanks
    Miss Laid
    Which T's is that please?
    Anyone can cuddle but only the Welsh can cwtch
    • RootedNomad
    • By RootedNomad 28th Apr 12, 9:34 PM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 86,621 Thanks
    RootedNomad
    right decisions, decisions............film night with DH or sainsbobs for palmolive?

I am soooo going to miss the palmolive coupon

will join the fond memories of the dove, sacla and honey shreddies coupons
    Originally posted by celebrate

right that's it, i'm off out, film night can wait
    Hope you picked up some Honey Shreddies while you were there Reduced to 1.50 at S and there is still a 50p moc floating about. Sadly nowhere near as good as the 1 boxes at T free with the 1 moc but not too shabby
    • brand8
    • By brand8 28th Apr 12, 9:35 PM
    • 1,024 Posts
    • 19,353 Thanks
    brand8
    Oh that little boy was amazing on bgt had me in tears what a sap i am
    • P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 28th Apr 12, 9:37 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 10,950 Thanks
    P2TKL
    Good evening everyone - hope you have all had a fab Saturday - all the talk of threading had tears running down my face - for me it is mega painful

This was mentioned this morning on coupon thread I printed the pdf 3 times one for each of us but Boots would not accept - there is no barcode for them to scan - the till supervisor went to discuss with the manager and they ended up ringing up somewhere to get advice kept us waiting for over 10 minutes the store we went to was on the list but they knew nothing of it - hope if you go you have better luck than us
    Originally posted by dreamerbea
    This happened to me the last time this offer was running. However,when the manager came over she said they would accept it. I'm a bit reluctant to try again though....
  • penniesforme
    Which T's is that please?
    Originally posted by Miss Laid
    SH this time.
  • penniesforme
    the aisle after the chocolates, at the very bottom, near the other tesco OJs.

i have left one pack on top near the multipacks, at eye level , so that ppl can see it if they were looking for it.

not checked FW
  • penniesforme
    Mackays Scotish Strawberry Preserve 340g Better Than Half Price was 1.99 now 20p @ Tesco

on hukd..pls thank the OP
  • Smart1e
    Hello all!

I had to do extreme freezer tetris today when I got back with 8 boxes of chocabloks and 3 mccain rustic chips and had to get some half price Haagen Dazs too...forgot the freezer was nearly full lol! Out went a few old whoopsied loaves that had been there since I got the freezer probably and my chocabloks are safe. They are SOOOO nice aren't they,much nicer than Magnums I think.

I also had a womble moment today when I had to pull one out from between the trollies by the entrance.Only trouble was, the RAC man that stands by the door trying to flog breakdown cover was gawping right at me.I smiled at him and walked off round the corner for more wombling. When I came back a few minutes later he was talking to a trolley man and pointing and laughing at me! The shame!

And wombling moment number two, a cautionary tale - be VERY careful when wombling in your local T's on a Saturday afternoon, the odds of bumping into someone you know are far too high...I nearly crashed into a work colleague today as I was too busy looking at the floor for wombles, a minute later and he would have seen me pick one up...noooo!

Learn from the past, enjoy and appreciate the present and work to make your future the best it can possibly be

And get lots of glitches!
    • lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 28th Apr 12, 10:06 PM
    • 9,004 Posts
    • 149,069 Thanks
    lookinforabargain

Did I miss a glitch?!

...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• Fudge_Cake
    Evening all

Been debating whether to do a big T's round trip for a few days now, there's a couple of things I want using the price flop coupons but I was hoping for a global glitch to justify the petrolWishful thinking! Like celebrate I'm not too enthusiastic about visiting my local Though I haven't received my cancellation email for the suitcase so fingers crossed I'll be picking that up in there on Monday

Well I decided not to bother, but my local WHS is closed Sunday so incase I don't do the Bristol circuit tomorrow, thought I'd pop down and use up the rest of my short dated giftcards on stamps. The manager full on hates meThe SA had to call for some more books of stamps and manager brought them down, saw it was me...and if looks could kill! But I got my stamps (I haven't bought tonnes, 84 2nd class and 36 1st class)

Got into M's just as they were reducing all the dry/grocery items further
    80 pk small food bags = 39p
    25m cling film = 39p
    750g Kelloggs bran flakes = 1.09
    and the best bargain, 8 large bags of crisps eg: Sensations, Phileas Fogg (DTD nostaliga) and Walkers Extra Crunchy for 5p each as dated today

Didn't bother with A's or T's, just came back and walked the doggies

right working forwards catching up today

fudge cake take my hat of to you, you managed THIS post with unbearable toothache??
    hope you are a bit better today, i would go for it with the amoxil but what are you going to do when you run out, have you got a follow up appointment? you sould be able to get some from the emergency/out of hours dental service-most areas have one
    ps you'll need your inr checking in a week when you've finished the antibiotics x
    Bless you, thanks celebrate

It's not too bad at the moment, but it tends to kick in about now No I haven't bee to see the dentist/doc yet. I'm hoping I can get by just using these. If not Mum's got a 5 day course of Amoxil that our dentist prescribed a couple of months ago in the event her tooth flared up again. Needless to say it didn't so they're there as a back up

I've actually got very healthy teeth So I'm on a 12 month recall, so not due for my check til August but that means that I can bring it forward if needs be. I know what the outcome will be which is why I don't want to go If it was just that I had toothache and it was a case of saving the tooth I'd go straight away! Thank you so much for the advice about out of hours dental services and Amoxicillin

Re: INR/Warfarin...I'm still on weekly INR's since December and my flare up with Pneumonia For months before it was stable but a reaction to Clarithromycin sent it up to over 12 Ever since it's been pretty unstable so it's absolutely no problem getting it done next week, already booked in!

and also your description and explanation regarding Heparin was very clear Thank you darkvelv for your suggestions but as celebrate explained, being on warfarin means the use of anti-inflammatory drugs is particularly risky and definitely not advised in the long term. For this reason pain relief is a VERY sore subject for me (no pun intended!) Paracetamol does nothing, I'm allergic to Codeine and the one and only painkiller that helps is Ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory) So for my migraines I do use Ibuprofen but only very sparingly, all my other pains I just grin and bear It's difficult but you just get used to it

Oh yes....got to make it look nice.

I bent over a couple of years ago and my husband swore it was Bin Laden hiding under my nightie
    Originally posted by purdita

This actually made my day!! Purdy you're a legend!

Sir frequent -

brand8 - Fantastic news, glad you're doing well And thank you for your kind words

celebrate - You penny pincher you! (Flying the flag for the Elite and doing us proud )

Threading of the lady garden!!!! You brave lady Miss Laid.

Locarr if you get your BS+C done, please keep your meat to yourself, family friendly thread and all that

Thanks to everyone for the contributions to the thread today and new finds, particularly interested in orange juice, cheese and vitamin water!
    'There are people who have money and people who are rich' Coco Chanel
    • louj101
    • By louj101 28th Apr 12, 10:06 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 28,341 Thanks
    louj101
    just been in and got the 20p orange juice - they are really nice for being long life orange juice. Not acidic unlike the value ones.

can you please tell me which one this is

thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

1,627Users online

Martin's Twitter