11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE

Options

Comments

• ruxpin
    ruxpin Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally caught up! I hadn't been on since 9.30 this morning and as soon as I logged on and saw how many pages there were I felt a glitch was happening!

I put 2+2 together and figured it was going to be to do with the 25% off wine......but oh no it's bloomin' chocolate again:mad:

I am going to have to become a consultant to the NHS advising them that the biggest cause of obesity in this country is Mr T's inability to price their product correctly:rotfl::rotfl:

If it's still working tomorrow I might just have to buy a few (dozen) myself:D

Been on a magical T's tour today, over 4 stores got 12 bottles of free McGuigans wine, 4 Disney DVDs, 3 Sharwoods tikka sets (OOD SEL £2, scans £3.29) and 3 Napolina pasta (OOD SEL B1G2F).

Also whoopsied sausages 1/2 price and the 'offer' kicked in so £6 for 6 packs of Finest sausage...not the best whoopsie ever but I'm happy with that. Got a tub of the mincepie icecream and it's lovely for 87p, had it over whoopsied flapjack.

The flapjack was reduced to 35p a tub, it's the bake at home range and I had vouchers from the T's food mag for 50p off so keep your eyes out for these reduced;)

Got to go into work tomorrow to see HR manager, I'm on maternity leave and she asked me to call in with the LO for a catch up. It's at the Trafford Centre so here's my list:

Dwell - spend free £20 voucher
    Mamas and Papas - spend free £5 voucher
    Hotel Choc - claim prize egglets basket
    Asda - claim free Huggies & repeat voucher spend a few times
    John Lewis - see if there's anything worth spending free vouchers on that I've still not used from Which? magazine subscription

Right time for bed for me, don't all make yourself sick with melted Mars over Chocablok ice cream....esp if it's after a cheese sarnie!!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • French_Knickers
    Options
    nixilix wrote: »
    Popped to t and when I was going to the till thought I'd check baby aisle. Overheard someone say that's cheap £4 down from 17£ for a Winnie the pooh light show. I thought I'll have one of them (hoping for dtd but have a 1 years old baby so not that bothered!) Scanned at ss went through at £24.93!!!!!!!! Got the security tag took of and started shaking for my first ever attempt at dtd!!

Walked over and told them, took the nice lad to the spot and he said looks right. Rung manager then old trout was double checking cause said it was a lot! Got handed 41.xx and was about to walk off when trout said "quick mark her receipt so she doesn't bring it back and get £24.93!!!!

So my first DTD ever and I found it myself! And first ever real contribution of something that noone else found!!!!!! Whoop!!!!

Barcode is 0153

What an excellent contributiin too! Thanks! :) .and well done! :T
  • French_Knickers
    Options
    choirchick wrote: »
    Thanks OP just got back managed to get 11 pks galaxy 24p s/s till. Mars snickers & milky way already raided :D
    It was a good time to go as got a full basket of whoopsies for £1.99 which inc. my first pack of finest choc hearts 1p. Put my hand in waste basket pulled out a load of receipts 30+ not huge amounts on them though plus another of similar amount of £10 off £80 spends that no-one wants yet;)
    DSCN4670.jpg

Lovely haul!!!
  • French_Knickers
    Options
    Right, sat down with a wine in hand (to stop me going back out the door to T's more than anything lol) and you've all deserted me!!!
  • French_Knickers
    French_Knickers Posts: 6,284 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2012 at 2:13AM
    Options
    Went after chocs tonight but 1st store was picked clean and grin from a certain member of staff told me where they had gone! Went to second store (my local extra) and that'd been cleared too. :(

It was around whoopsie time and there was tons of meat and non of the usual culprits/scavengers could be seen! Pity it wasn't heavily reduced but I took a chance that it might go down later and lurked a couple of packs of fillet steaks into my basket and wondered around for a few mins..............then more mins...........and more mins. About an hour later they declared that it was time for full reductions so myself and a few fresh faces took what we want from the shelves and stood around the guy to have it all knocked down. They seem to have a policy of doing this in that store now after moaning about it a while ago. Typical Tesco and the moving goalposts, but I guess its hard to complain when you have a few nice items in your basket that you know are about to be knocked down to pence. Once too many people do this then I guess they will simply change the rules of the game as it usual with Tesco.

Anyway here is my haul....proper price 45 quid, paid 3.10 for the lot.

whoopsies.jpg
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Right, sat down with a wine in hand (to stop me going back out the door to T's more than anything lol) and you've all deserted me!!!

I'm still up FK, just typed a long post but lost it all, just going to give it another go. Wonder if you will still be about by the time I finish. :D
  • French_Knickers
    Options
    I did find a few chocs in the end. Cleared the shelf in store 3.....then felt very guilty about doing that afterward so in store 4 shared it out with the staff. Felt better after that. :)

Tally in the end 25 galaxy, 30 milky way, 21 mars, 23 snickers.
  • French_Knickers
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I'm still up FK, just typed a long post but lost it all, just going to give it another go. Wonder if you will still be about by the time I finish. :D

I'll wait for you :)
  • French_Knickers
    Options
    Got back in very late but was hungry and wanted a proper meal. I did want the lamb rack withe veg and spuds etc but would have taken far too long to cook so ended up with a very 'unhealthy' burgers and chips!!

The burgers were the jamie oliver ones i whoopsied tonight and were lovely. Cat enjoyed em too! She sits gutsing like a dog these days....as soon as I sit down with my food, she comes paddling in and sits there ded still and silent just watching me, hoping for something to be handed down. :)

dinnerv.jpg
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Right here goes again,

Has been a very long day waiting for DD1 to get packed for the return trip to uni. Already went out for some 4p purple tights for Debs and on my return read about the 24p choc, how could I resist.

Once we were packed and ready to go I informed DD that we would be visiting Ts on the way for a glitch. :D

First store I'm a bit embarrassed to say I had to grab some packs as when I walked in I noticed a man with a basket with one pack of snickers in so I guessed he had already scanned them. We both arrived at the shelf at the same time and he just started pulling all of them into his basket. :( So I slid my hand in front of his to grab as many as my tiny hand could manage (4 packs) :), that only left one for him but he had nearly a whole box full. Hope it was not one of us, I don't think it was as he never touched the milkyways. ;)

Second store, with DD1 still having to wait in car, I found shelves bare probably because the SEL actually said 24p. :rotfl:

Finally got to Portsmouth to drop her off and after a cup of tea I set the sat nav to go home via the nearest Ts Extra and I hit the jackpot, 5 of each and still plenty left on the shelves for other MSEers. When I scanned them on the price check it said "Contact Member of Staff" but thought I would chance it at SS and they all went through for 24p. :T

Don't think this store gets visited by one of us very often as lots of clipstrips of the nuts we were all getting cheap before xmas that are now not only out of date but scanning full price too. :eek:
    Really like those caramlised ones too. :( But did manage to get a few packets of the 1p snowbites.

Didn't have time to really pick over the store as knew I should have been on the road with such bad weather. Don't think I have driven in quite as much rain before. But back home safe and sound with a rather nice haul. :j:j:j

You still there FK to read my adventure??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure