11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Before I go can I add my twopence worth into the bed debate?

Metal frames ok for kids but not for bigguns as my DS3 found out at age 21 when he and his GF flung themselves onto it
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    night night
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • SpiralingDown
    SpiralingDown Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    If you were closer you could have had my DVDs although most of them rated 18.:eek:

Thanks for the offer but I don't think they'd go down too well with the parents, the disney ones I've got are more suitable
    SPC #329 £471/£500 banked
    SPC 2014 £1100:D
    Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light
    "Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” ― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
  • SpiralingDown
    SpiralingDown Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Caught up for now and off to bed, please don't talk much tomorrow because I'll be out at the new house waiting on deliveries.
    Could someone remind me am I supposed to leave the Fridge freezer to settle for 24 hrs before turning it on or do I turn it on then leave 24 hrs before filling it to the brim?? Haven't had a new one since I got married in 1999 so can't remeber what DH did with it then :)
    I've just remembered that I need to buy electric for it before I can do anything.

Well goodnight all, sweet dreams to all
    SPC #329 £471/£500 banked
    SPC 2014 £1100:D
    Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light
    "Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” ― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
  • HappyChappy84
    HappyChappy84 Posts: 7,585 Forumite
    Options
    HC on the above website you can pay by paypal would that give me extra peace of mind?

I know you're covered paying by PayPal on eBay but whether you get the same level of protection on other sites is anyones guess. I'm not a big PayPal-er so can't really say....

Put if this way, if there are that many bad reviews and they are giving you doubts then shouldn't that be telling you to look elsewhere?;)
  • Ilovemykids
    Ilovemykids Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    Caught up for now and off to bed, please don't talk much tomorrow because I'll be out at the new house waiting on deliveries.
    Could someone remind me am I supposed to leave the Fridge freezer to settle for 24 hrs before turning it on or do I turn it on then leave 24 hrs before filling it to the brim?? Haven't had a new one since I got married in 1999 so can't remeber what DH did with it then :)
    I've just remembered that I need to buy electric for it before I can do anything.

Hi

we had to leave ours to stand for 24 hrs before plugging it in its all to do with letting the gasses settle.
    also it said to clean it before use,don't know why but I did anyway :o lol

night night
  • HappyChappy84
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Before I go can I add my twopence worth into the bed debate?

Metal frames ok for kids but not for bigguns as my DS3 found out at age 21 when he and his GF flung themselves onto it

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • HappyChappy84
    Options

Let it settle for 24 hours before switching it on. Although these days, the more modern ones require less time. If it was me I'd give it as long as possible.
  • Ilovemykids
    Options
    I know you're covered paying by PayPal on eBay but whether you get the same level of protection on other sites is anyones guess. I'm not a big PayPal-er so can't really say....

Put if this way, if there are that many bad reviews and they are giving you doubts then shouldn't that be telling you to look elsewhere?;)

I think I should of asked you if I could of borrowed 'the sofa' hours ago! :) lol

or maybe to keep and ds could just sleep on that :) lol
  • Ilovemykids
    Options
    thats me done guys,I'm going to sleep on it :o lol no pun intended! dh can be mad :p lol

thanks for you're help :)

night night
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family