Poll XBOX 360 owners...Which new console will you buy?

Options

Comments

• Krojan
    Krojan Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally I've had a PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii (now only have the xbox) but given the price point, features and games title list for the two consoles I'm probably gunna stick with my 360 at the mo.

Can't justify the £350-£430 price tag plus the cost of a few games at £40+ each on either console, especially as those prices are only going to go down over time and both the ps3 and 360 had initial hardware problems for a significant amount of time after their launch.

Although given what's been said about both, If I had the money to blow I'd go for the PS4 as personally I think the Xbox One is trying too hard to be everything and failing its core gamerbase, plus I like swapping games with friends/family and I refuse to pay for that pleasure.
  • Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    ifstar wrote: »
    If the new features for sharing games with 10 friends on the xbox work as they have described then it will blow the PS4 out the water.

The online checks don't bother me in the slightest as my internet connection is very stable. You can turn off the Kinect if you wish too.

I think there is a lot of hysteria about it spying on you and checking up, however I'd imagine most people are currently "always on" with either xbox 360 or PS3 so it's not really an issue.

The PS4 is just like an upgraded PS3 - the xbox one is much more of a shift. If the features all work as reported on the xbox, then it will be a huge step closer to Steam on the console.

I'm a bit curious to these features you mention. What are the benefits of them on the Xbox One exactly?

Steam is great on the PC even though you can't trade games. it works with all version of Windows so it's essentially future proof for the forseable future.

On the xbox though you buy games that are locked to your account or console.
    When the next console is released what happens to those games on the old console? Will they transfer to the new console? I doubt it with the way consoles are locked down, backwards compatibility would still be problematic and that's why i don't feel it's a good idea.

Steam on the consoles will be around soon when Valve release their console

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/valve-steam-box-release-date-news-and-features-1127072
    All your base are belong to us.
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Retrogamer wrote: »
    I'm a bit curious to these features you mention. What are the benefits of them on the Xbox One exactly?

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Major benefit I would say, you can play any of your 10 "family/friends" games.
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    neither tbh.. better things to spend money on atm than a games console.. own a 360 at the momemnt.. my sub to gold has ran out and im not even renewing that..
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    So far 60% of 360's are going to move away, even if when it comes to it we said 30% that is alot of loss for the ONE and gain for the PS4
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've had 2 360's and never liked the PS3 (too many duplicated features for too much money), and really didn't expect to like the PS4, however Microsoft seem to have done a very bad PR job on the XBox 1 and their attitude is steadily alienating me.

Not sure if I'll buy either at the moment, but if I do the PS4 is leading by quite a margin at the moment as the core gaming values of the respective companies seem to have switched positions since their last generation consoles were launched.
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • mttylad
    mttylad Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been an Xbox fan since they were released, having upto 5 xboxes/live accounts in the house at a time.
    We are now down to only 3 but I have already arranged my next games machine.

I am writing this on it, its a PC and I shall be using Steam etc.
    Goodbye Xbox when mine dies.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ive been an Xbox fan for ages, ever since the first 1 was released. As of yet im still undecided whether I stick with Xbox or move to PS4, I will most likely wait a while to decide which 1 i go for.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    GOOD NEWS!!!!

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

If true I will be back with Microsoft!
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    GOOD NEWS!!!!

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

If true I will be back with Microsoft!

OH will be happy about this! I think he'd more or less decided to stick with Xbox but was still deciding, this will have swung it for him!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure