Renovations and Repayments II: New Year, New Start, New Diary.

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck for January :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you, NG. :)

Weather has been particularly cold today and we've not done a lot. Achieved 10,000 steps but won't be going out again.

As mentioned before, I often take my father to medical appointments as I don't feel the need to ask questions and give my opinion on his health to medical professionals. Anyhow, today my father announces he no longer wishes for me to take him to the appointments as I don't find out what's happening and sit in the waiting room. According to my mother, father's health will improve as she will be "scrutinising their practice". Probably not amusing to most but the extent of her knowledge on medical matters probably amounts to dealing with a paper cut. :rotfl:

Had a terrible night's sleep, so hoping 11pm will roll around this evening and I'll be straight to sleep. Still not planned the meals, this is to do before bed.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I hope you have a restful sleep tonight Alex ready for a great week ahead.

Take care
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks, Kelpie. :) First full week at work for me, should be good. Managed to have a last evening of overindulgence. Now feeling a little bit sick. :o Looking forward to getting back to the healthier eating and hopefully getting a boost in energy.

Over this next week I think we will work out what our treats for the year are going to be. :) Looking forward to getting back to saving some money, also.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ooh I know that feeling slightly sick thing. I am in the study to stop me snacking (chocolate) tree decorations in the nut bowl :eek:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :rotfl: Feeling slightly sick has been quite constant over the past few weeks (all self inflicted and no sympathy sought). :o Mrs. K. doesn't get it, she'll have a bite of each thing on the plate, tell me it was nice and she enjoyed it and leave it there. Can be embarrassing in a restaurant, though.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Eating and ending up making yourself feel sick is familiar to me too :( though I don't do it any more - actually, now I think of it, it stopped when I eliminated refined sugar ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good day at work and a healthy, meat free day. :) Likely consumed very little sugar also. Is refined sugar the white Tate and Lyle type sugar you can buy? Completed 10,000 steps and managed to have a good night's sleep also. All really positive. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good to hear things went well - and yes, Alex, refined sugar is the white stuff you can buy. Not for nothing do health blogs compare that white powder with the other white powder. Any kind of sugar you buy in a bag like that is refined to some extent, but the pure white is the worst. The darker it is, the more micronutrients and whatnot are left in it from the original plant. I think. I wouldn't say that in a court of law!

Other sugars - I use honey, and dried fruit (maple syrup, but thats too expensive for me). I *will* use refined sugar when I cook, which is blue moon type territory.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good day had again today. :) Healthy meals ate, apart from about five biscuits - not sure why I didn't stop after two but at least we did have a long walk this evening. 14,000 steps total today which isn't bad.
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Good to hear things went well - and yes, Alex, refined sugar is the white stuff you can buy.

Thanks, Karmacat. :)
    Not for nothing do health blogs compare that white powder with the other white powder.

Think we need clarification on the white powder we're talking about here. :eek:
    Any kind of sugar you buy in a bag like that is refined to some extent, but the pure white is the worst. The darker it is, the more micronutrients and whatnot are left in it from the original plant. I think. I wouldn't say that in a court of law!

Other sugars - I use honey, and dried fruit (maple syrup, but thats too expensive for me). I *will* use refined sugar when I cook, which is blue moon type territory.

That makes sense. Have used honey and maple syrup as substitutes but not dried fruit which I could try. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills