firefox1956
firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
edited 16 April 2018 at 8:44AM in Broadband & internet access

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have the Home Phone Saver or BT Basic? If so, you won't qualify.

BT do state that you will receive it automatically if you qualify, and they will only send the letter out to check some customers' eligibility.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60353/~/reduced-rental-for-landline-only-customers
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To qualify you must not have a broadband service with any provider or use your phone line for a home business.
    So you don't have broadband at home?
  • mije1983
    edited 15 April 2018 at 7:48PM
    Options
    My elderly parents received this email and they do not have broadband. So please don't try and police my posts. Just try and answer the original query. Thank you.

Might have been an idea to indicate this in your post then instead of the numerous mentions of 'I' which has led to the confusion and the (correct) belief that you are not entitled to it. However, as it is your parents -who I presume live at a different address to you- they quite possibly do.
    I received an email

I have never received this letter

I still have not received the letter.

Any ideas what I can do ??

In regards to answering your question, you still haven't responded to the very first reply on this thread which could explain things. Have you/they checked their next bill online?
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Do you have the Home Phone Saver or BT Basic? If so, you won't qualify.

BT do state that you will receive it automatically if you qualify, and they will only send the letter out to check some customers' eligibility.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60353/~/reduced-rental-for-landline-only-customers
  • mije1983
    Options
    Hold on, I think you dropped your toys.....
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Forget the letter. Just sign up for BT Home Phone Saver.

Eligibility is for anyone who does not have BT Broadband and BT will already know that. BT Home Phone Saver costs £21.99 per month which includes Line Rental, Unlimited Anytime calls (to 01, 02, 03, 0845, 0870 numbers) and a load of other features.

BT Home Phone Saver currently costs 50p per month more than BT Line Rental and Anytime Calls but the cost of HPS is fixed until 2020, so will end up the cheaper option some time later this year.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2018 at 7:12PM
    Options
    Trying to work out how their elderly parents received this email when they don't have broadband.

No one was policing your posts, they were trying to establish based on your original post if you were eligible as there was no mention of your parents.
    I received an email on March 28th 2018 about the reduced line rental.
    Email below.........
    To qualify you must not have a broadband service with any provider or use your phone line for a home business. If this applies to you simply return the tear off strip at the bottom of the letter by 31 May 2018 and we'll take care of the rest.
    I have never received this letter & have telephoned & online chatted twice in an attempt to get this letter & then return the signed slip to BT to qualify.
    I still have not received the letter.
    BT say they cant email me the letter either.
    Any ideas what I can do ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport