IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS ANPR ticket LBC received

Options

Comments

• sebastianvettel
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Ok. This is a lbcca.

But send a letter of rebuttal and don't complete their forms

Thanks. I think that template I copied was sufficient and I'm gonna send them that. If they don't even bother sending me another one to the new address, then probably that's been thrown out.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The letter you are planning to send is way out of date.

For a start, there hasn't been an Annex A in the Practice Direction for several years - at least three. It also fails to mention the Pre-Action Protocols for Debt Claims introduced in October 2017.

Perhaps you should send one of the robust replies linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks. I think that template I copied was sufficient and I'm gonna send them that. If they don't even bother sending me another one to the new address, then probably that's been thrown out.

Did you read the guidance of the second post in the newbies FAQ thread you were pointed to in #5 above

See the section there on responding to lbccas .

Start again on your rebuttal

Put it up here for comments before sending it
  • sebastianvettel
    sebastianvettel Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2018 at 2:20PM
    Options
    Ref: XXX

Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your Letter Before Claim of XX July 2018.

First, I!!!8217;d like to inform you the change of address. The NEW address will be effective from (DATE). Full address: XXX.

With effect from the above date, any further communication from you and/or your agents must be sent to the new address, and under no circumstances should the former address be used.

Your letter contains insufficient detail of the claim and fails to provide copies of evidence you place reliance upon.

You must know that on 01 October 2017 a new protocol is applicable to debt claims. Since proceedings have not yet been issued, the new protocol clearly applies and must be complied with.

Your letter lacks specificity and breaches both the requirements of the previously applicable Practice Direction - Pre-Action Conduct (paragraphs 6(a) and 6(c)) and the new Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims (paragraphs 3.1(a)-(d), 5.1 and 5.2. Please treat this letter as a formal request for all of the documents / information that the protocol now requires you to provide. You must not issue proceedings without complying with that protocol. I reserve the right to draw any failure of the Claimant to comply with the protocol to the attention of the court and to ask the court to stay the claim and order you to comply with its pre-action obligations, and when costs come to be considered.

As litigation department you must surely be familiar with the requirements of both the Practice Direction applicable pre-1 October and the Protocol which applies thereafter (and you, as a serial litigator of small claims, should likewise be aware of them). As you must know, the Practice Direction and Protocol bind all potential litigants, whatever the size or type of the claim. Its express purpose is to assist parties in understanding the claim and their respective positions in relation to it, to enable parties to take stock of their positions and to negotiate a settlement, or at least narrow the issues, without incurring the costs of court proceedings or using up valuable court time. It is astounding that a firm of Solicitors are sending a consumer a vague and unevidenced 'Letter before Claim' in complete ignorance of the pre-existing Practice Direction and the new Protocol.

Nobody is immune from the requirements and obligations of the Practice Direction and now the Protocol.

I require you to comply with its obligations by sending me the following information/documents:

1. an explanation of the cause of action

2. whether they are pursuing me as driver or keeper

3. whether they are relying on the provisions of Schedule 4 of POFA 2012

4. what the details of the claim are; where it is claimed the vehicle was parked, for how long, how the monies being claimed arose and have been calculated

5. Is the claim for a contractual breach? If so, what is the date of the agreement? The names of the parties to it and provide to me a copy of that contract.

6. Is the claim for trespass? If so, provide details.

7. Provide me a copy of the contract with the landowner under which they assert authority to bring the claim, as required by the IPC code of practice section B, clause 1.1 establishing yourself as the creditor

8. a plan showing where any signs were displayed

9. details of the signs displayed (size of sign, size of font, height at which displayed)

10. Provide details of the original charge, and detail any interest and administrative or other charges added

11. Provide a copy of the Information Sheet and the Reply Form

If you do not provide me with this information then I put you on notice that I will be relying on the cases of Webb Resolutions Ltd v Waller Needham & Green [2012] EWHC 3529 (Ch), Daejan Investments Limited v The Park West Club Limited (Part 20) Buxton Associates [2003] EWHC 2872, Charles Church Developments Ltd v Stent Foundations Limited & Peter Dann Limited [2007] EWHC 855 in asking the court to impose sanctions on you and to order a stay of the proceedings, pursuant to paragraphs 13 ,15(b) and (c) and 16 of the Practice Direction, as referred to in paragraph 7.2 of the Protocol.

Until you have complied with your obligations and provided this information, I am unable to respond properly to the alleged claim and to consider my position in relation to it, and it is entirely premature (and a waste of costs and court time) for you to issue proceedings. Should you do so, then I will seek an immediate stay pursuant to paragraph 15(b) of the Practice Direction and an order that this information is provided.

Yours faithfully

Actually I just copied from Daniel san's one and replaced all 'your client' with you (as it's sent from their litigation department). Any comment on that?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    First, I’d like to inform you the change of address. The NEW address will be effective from (DATE). Full address: XXX.
    I'd add (in bold) 'With effect from the above date, any further communication from you and/or your agents must be sent to the new address, and under no circumstances should the former address be used'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Until you have complied with its obligations...
    Should be:
    Until you have complied with your obligations...
  • sebastianvettel
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I'd add (in bold) 'With effect from the above date, any further communication from you and/or your agents must be sent to the new address, and under no circumstances should the former address be used'.
    Thanks. I've updated that and sent them both a email and a letter.
  • sebastianvettel
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Should be:
    Until you have complied with your obligations...
    Thanks for pointing out. I've revised that.
  • sebastianvettel
    Options
    Updated: Unfortunately, A claim form from the county court was sent to my previous address despite the fact that I've told VCS the change of address.

As I've told my friend to open the letter, shall I let him return this letter to the county court telling them that I had already moved out? Or shall I ignore that as it's not delivered to my new address (foreign address)? (Probably the worst thing to do I know)

Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport