IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BBC Watchdog with the Parking Prankster

Options
2»

Comments

• fil_cad
    fil_cad Posts: 834 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Just listened to Andrew Pester, Up-Yer-Skirt's replacement. Oh dear, utterly puerile. Amateurish to a fault.

'Often the Parking Companies don't have all the information available to them when they issue a ticket' - so !!!!!! are they issuing them?

No asking him why private parking companies can use ANPR, yet are not fit for purpose for LAs to use. Why?

Very poor 'cross-examination' by the Geordie Girl. No sign of Pranky - maybe he got stuck in the car park.
    He sounded like a clone of Troy to me. :rotfl:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fil_cad wrote: »
    He sounded like a clone of Troy to me. :rotfl:

Not smarmy enough and no indication that he's likely to poke a camera up anyone's skirt. :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Highly disappointed, was really looking forward to seeing the Prankster tell them some home truths,
    but this just goes to show the BBC are not the BBC we pay our licence to watch. and that northern bird, she makes my skin crawl.
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    markudman wrote: »
    Highly disappointed, was really looking forward to seeing the Prankster tell them some home truths,
    but this just goes to show the BBC are not the BBC we pay our licence to watch. and that northern bird, she makes my skin crawl.

At least Anne Robinson gave them some pain, Steph McGovern is a waste of space.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Also Nikki Fox at the end, referring to them as fines
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "No return within 24 hours" whats so hard to understand, if you do that you get charged for the whole time! Ticket issued correctly!!
  • Handbags-at-dawn
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    "No return within 24 hours" whats so hard to understand, if you do that you get charged for the whole time! Ticket issued correctly!!
    I've yet to see a hospital car park where return within 24 hours is forbidden!
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

First I've heard of no return within 3 or 4 hours but never 24, have you any examples?

And I doubt very much that any of the cases featured in the programme related to prohibited returns. If they did then that should have appeared clearly as the reason for issue on the parking notice.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Never seen a sign like that and if one exists, it would
    need to state what the charge would be

Regardless, ANPR still needs to show time in and time out

Double Dip .... ticket issued incorrectly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business